What's new

18k Saturday Morning

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
247
Golden Thread
0
Location
Far, Far Away
I went out this morning for a 3 hour hunt at the local resort beach.
It was a brisk 72 degrees outside and probably 65 degrees in the water, what we call extreme Hawaiian winter weather. ;D
Got to try out my new underwater camera and was pleased to find something to photograph.
I got a nice 4.5 gram 18k ring with a square diamond. :D
 

Attachments

  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    93 KB · Views: 794
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    211.7 KB · Views: 784
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    120.3 KB · Views: 779
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    115.1 KB · Views: 799
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 778
Upvote 0
Great gold there!!!! 42 and rain showers here today :'(
 
That is an awesome find. Is the lumpy bottom typical of has a sand cover been washed away and exposed the treasure? Ralph
 
Vary nice WTG !!!
 
beautiful pics and ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
petersra said:
That is an awesome find. Is the lumpy bottom typical of has a sand cover been washed away and exposed the treasure? Ralph

These calm waters are a lull between storm swells. The waves have been washing the sand away and exposing the rocks and heavier targets.
 
that's a nice one, HH[/size]
 
What a nice prize, Congrats!
 
Nice find for sure! Congrats! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Is the ring visible on that bottom photo? (if so need a hint where)

HH Joe
 
Wow... Nice find! I use to dive there for Tako (octopus) & Tohei (white eel) for Ulua (Giant Trevalle). Surprisingly the water is still Malia (calm).
 
Hey Sand Crab, well done on the ring and diamond! What camera did you take these with? The quality of the pics is really good. Was the photo of the scoop taken under water? Thanks :wink: OD
 
Definitely worth the trip and struggling with those "near Arctic" conditions. ;D
 
:icon_thumright:

congrats on the great ring...enjoyed the weather.

hh...herb
 
OD_hunt said:
Hey Sand Crab, well done on the ring and diamond! What camera did you take these with? The quality of the pics is really good. Was the photo of the scoop taken under water? Thanks :wink: OD

The camera is an Intova 12 mega pixel. Small thing with waterproof case. I like it because it's impatient/idiot proof which I am when it comes to camera's. It also fits in a small goodie bag that I can attach to my weight belt. The scoop shot is underwater in fair visibility. Auto focus, just aim and shoot. I can't wait to use it in clear water and sunny weather.
 
Da Sand Crab said:
OD_hunt said:
Hey Sand Crab, well done on the ring and diamond! What camera did you take these with? The quality of the pics is really good. Was the photo of the scoop taken under water? Thanks :wink: OD

The camera is an Intova 12 mega pixel. Small thing with waterproof case. I like it because it's impatient/idiot proof which I am when it comes to camera's. It also fits in a small goodie bag that I can attach to my weight belt. The scoop shot is underwater in fair visibility. Auto focus, just aim and shoot. I can't wait to use it in clear water and sunny weather.

Looks like a nice little cam at a reasonable price... Thanks for the info :icon_thumright: HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom