nova treasure
Bronze Member
My Brother (lifesagarden.digit) and myself got out today for a few hours to where i had found my 1787 New Jersey Copper Last week. i have been researching the area and checking maps trying to pinpoint where a site might be on this huge farm. So it took us about a hour finding newer type finds from the 19th and 20th century which is what we normally always enjoy searching for, but We was on a mission today to find a 1700's site. We finally started hitting more iron and than some flat buttons, than round pistol balls and melted lead than a real good signal rang out and little did we Know it was going to be another first for us Kentucky boys, A 1732 King George II half Penny !!! We took a moment for the excitement and thought of how we just dug two amazing finds on this farm within a week, but knew there may be more so we got back to swinging and digging some 5 thimbles, numerous buttons, early flat buttons, tombac, pewter, ball buttons and a Saddle Shield. We was hoping for another Copper and kept at it still digging some really nice finds including a few What is it's. than the time was closing in for when I had to Leave to pick up my Daughter, so we give it a last 15 minutes when BAM ANOTHER FIRST!!! Except this time not a Copper, It's a Rev War 1775 Continental Army U.S.A Pewter Button!!! The thrill and Excitement of Finding a Piece of Our Early American History here in Kentucky has made a Day we will never forget. it's killing us that we had to Leave but I can only imagine, what finds are still there waiting for us.
to Find A USA Button right here at Veterans Day is Something I'M Glad We both can share with all the Veterans of Tnet and all others to see, a button that to me Represents the Starting of Our Freedom as a Country created by all that has served. Thank You for your Service.
Added: After cleaning more on the Broken Pewter button half, I was able to determine that it's a Script "I" Revolutionary War Infantry button.
Thanks for Looking and Good Luck to all, Bill
to Find A USA Button right here at Veterans Day is Something I'M Glad We both can share with all the Veterans of Tnet and all others to see, a button that to me Represents the Starting of Our Freedom as a Country created by all that has served. Thank You for your Service.
Added: After cleaning more on the Broken Pewter button half, I was able to determine that it's a Script "I" Revolutionary War Infantry button.
Thanks for Looking and Good Luck to all, Bill
Attachments
Last edited:
Upvote
36



It's bigger than a Farthing, plus it's an entirely different style of Britannia used on the die. Once you have the two sunk in your brain you don't need to know the size to tell which is which.






