17.5 KB · Views: 436
  • nov26 008.JPG
    nov26 008.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 436
  • nov26 006.JPG
    nov26 006.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0
Good gosh, Rog! :icon_pirat: Do you have the story on all these lost foreign coins? You've got an amazing site there! :o

Fantastic! And Happy Thanksgiving!

Nana :)

Nana40 said:
Good gosh, Rog! :icon_pirat: Do you have the story on all these lost foreign coins? You've got an amazing site there! :o

Nana :
I have been buy this area many times and the grass has been to tall and thorne bushes so I never gave it a try.The first time I tried it was a cold day and the sun shines there and the ground there hasen't frozen yet.When I started digging them I couldnt stop.It's right next to a blacktoped trail so people walk there dogs there and had to be carefull were I steped.They were 3 1/2 inches to 5 inches deep except the one today was 6 inches down.The tree may have keep some of them from sinking and the soil is sandy.They were spred out as if some one had tossed them.That makes 21 foreign coins,1 indian cent,1Masons token,3 wheat pennies from there.I think I got the last coin today and wont try any more this year.Happy Thanksgiving Nana

DD-777 said:
Nice dig Dodger! Some of those old Canadian/British coins are pretty darn cool looking... :thumbsup:
Thanks DD It was a lot of fun.Happy Thanksgiving

Wow. That little spot gave you an instant coin collection, didn't it. I bet you're back there searching again early next spring! :wink:

Thanks for the reply and congrats again. :) Nana

kimsdad said:
Nice find!! Don't you just hate roots? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yes I hate roots but the digger chops right through 1/2 inch ones easy but that 2 inch one made me dig a wider hole.

I forgot to post this pic I took yesterday.

Attachments

• 21 001.JPG
    21 001.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 333
hi dd Congrats you find more in a day than i can find in month lol

t.p

rodgerdodger said:
kimsdad said:
Nice find!! Don't you just hate roots? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yes I hate roots but the digger chops right through 1/2 inch ones easy but that 2 inch one made me dig a wider hole.
I thought only quarters hid under roots. :icon_scratch: This find blew my whole theory. :tongue3: ;D
Cool coin there RD. That slight scratch across his cheek actually gives that guy more character. Looks like a warrior now. :thumbsup:
Nice find.
-MM-

Nana40 said:

Nana :)Heres some more on the site.

Attachments

• 100_0958.jpg
    100_0958.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 222
tinpan said:
hi dd Congrats you find more in a day than i can find in month lol

t.p
Thanks tinpan.Did you notice I found a 1921 commonwealth of Australia,one penny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back