What's new

1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

Got this one out of a skunk box today...... Well this was the only silver in the box so I guess not really a skunk.

Any way ...... Oldest Canadian Half I've ever found. Enjoy.

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • 1912 canadahalf.webp
    1912 canadahalf.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 455
  • 1912 canadahalf2.webp
    1912 canadahalf2.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

Very nice find! We don't see too many Canadian halves on this board. Didn't they make the earlier ones out a higher percentage of silver?
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

Congrats Mojo on the George V! I know I'd be thrilled to find one, more so than a "common" Barber. Toning looks nice. ffd
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

Nice score Mojo :thumbsup: :thumbsup:Canadian halves are tough to come by.
HH
Rich
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

mountainman 2 said:
Very nice find! We don't see too many Canadian halves on this board. Didn't they make the earlier ones out a higher percentage of silver?

That one is sterling silver. Canadian halves seem to be hard to find.I've only found two(80%) in the past year and a half. They are nice looking coins for foreign.
HH
Rich
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

Wow, even Canadians can't find silver Canadian half dollars. You did good. :icon_thumleft:

Golden silver
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

Very nice looking coin, love the toning too.
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

Rich Hartford said:
mountainman 2 said:
Very nice find! We don't see too many Canadian halves on this board. Didn't they make the earlier ones out a higher percentage of silver?

That one is sterling silver. Canadian halves seem to be hard to find.I've only found two(80%) in the past year and a half. They are nice looking coins for foreign.
HH
Rich

http://www.coinscan.com/technical/canasp.html


.............and very nice find BTW !
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH....now i want one.
nice finds Mojo :thumbsup:
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

:icon_thumleft: Aren't Canadian halves smaller than U.S. halves?
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

WTG! No skunk for you today!
Cheers!
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

Thanks for all the responces. And the links.
Silvereagle what would you estimate the condition. G4 shows a value of $7

Mojo
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

That is a very nice find indeed ! From what I hear large Canadian silver is a tough find , I'd
be very happy with that . Argentium.
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

VG-Fine on that one. I have a type set of the Canadian halves...too bad it wasn't a 1911...that was a single-year-only type coin. Still great coin to find. Probably a $6-$10 coin.
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

nice! how often do u guys find average non silver canadian halves???
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

CHAINCHOMP said:
nice! how often do u guys find average non silver canadian halves???

Bieng in the Detroit area and across the river from Windsor Canada I find lots of Canadian coins. But not old silver so much. This is the oldest Half Canadian Dollar I haver ever found. I got a couple from the 50's though. probaably 6 total in the last 4 years.
 
Re: 1912 Canadian Half found. Pic included.

Nice, I can't wait to find a canadian silver half dollar. I've found canadian halves, never silver yet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom