What's new

1914 Motor Vehicle Bicycle Law Tag

Mitzki5

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
49
Reaction score
60
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett Pro Pointer AT
I am not a very experienced digger, so if this is really from 1914, it's my of my best finds. I think this was made in 1914 or is that the year of the law? Is there anyway to trace what motorcycle this came off of? Maybe cool, maybe not, but it was fun to find.
tag.webp
 
Upvote 28
Good little find. I'm sure someone on here will know.
 
1914 is the year the tag was valid, there are several on eBay, average starting price is $20-25. This tag from what I see was issued for bicycles, don't know if motorcycles would fit that category back then as a motor bicycle, most likely did. Most of the listing from eBay and other sites just call it a bicycle tag. Either way, it is a neat little piece of history, congrats on finding it.
 
Very cool find ! It is a dash board disc . It would come with the license plate for that year , 1914 . The number on the disc is the number on the license plate . You would mount it on your dash to show registration for your motor car for that year . Here are two from my collection from California , 1914 and 1915 .
Glen
 

Attachments

  • 100_3620.webp
    100_3620.webp
    549.9 KB · Views: 106
That is a neat find indeed.
 
Congratulations on the historical recovery!
 
Hello Mitzki5. Very cool save. I love finding stuff like that! HH. C9
 
Really cool old find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom