What's new

🥇 BANNER 1918 / 7 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
3,860
Reaction score
1,939
Golden Thread
3
Location
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac

Nokta marko simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out to one of my hunting spots today and pounded it for 8 hrs.
I got the 1905 Indian Head Cent first and then the 1918-s Standing Liberty Quarter
that was on my wish list. Yes it's my first Standing Liberty and not to bad if I may say
so myself.
I also got a big button and some other things.
 

Attachments

  • rogers%201918%20s.webp
    rogers%201918%20s.webp
    26 KB · Views: 6,023
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 007.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 007.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 7,307
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 009.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 009.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 6,985
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 011.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 011.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 6,831
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 012.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 012.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 6,800
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 013.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 013.webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 6,817
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 014.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 014.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 6,844
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 004.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 004.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 6,779
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 006.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 006.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 6,722
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 015.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 015.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 6,695
  • Sunday, May 10, 2009 016.webp
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 016.webp
    2.4 KB · Views: 6,680
  • rogers%201918%20s.webp
    rogers%201918%20s.webp
    26 KB · Views: 5,889
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

Not too stinking shabby !!!! Argentium.
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

Great Job RD...Do you use both arms or just one? That's some serious swinging...Congrats and HH
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

Argentium said:
Not too stinking shabby !!!! Argentium.
Thanks Argentium.
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

arrowhead883 said:
Nice finds Rodger! Is your arm tired tonight?
Thanks arrowhead883. My arm feels OK.
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

8 hours of swing the detector. Bet momma was mad at you. My momma told me I had to stay home today and take care of the kid and cook for everyone that was coming over. You sure sleep well tonight....Matt
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

plehbah said:
Thanks plehbah. Your quick .
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

wyattrr said:
Great Job RD...Do you use both arms or just one? That's some serious swinging...Congrats and HH
Thanks wyattrr. I use the right arm most of the time and when it gets tired I switch for a few minutes than back.
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

Just excellent. I want to dig one.
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

mlayers said:
8 hours of swing the detector. Bet momma was mad at you. My momma told me I had to stay home today and take care of the kid and cook for everyone that was coming over. You sure sleep well tonight....Matt
Thanks mlayers. She had to work and I got to play.
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

Check your standing liberty very closely an post a very close pic of the date I think you might not just have just a 1918 S It's 1918 over 7 (meaning they stamped the 8 over the 7 froma 1917 SLQ incase you didn't know what that meant) If so that is a 1800.00 + Quarter!!!!!!!!! (1800.00 is the very least it's worth if it is a 8over7)
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

I agree with creeper71, had the same thought when I first saw your pics. Can you post a clearer picture.
Even in that photo it seems to be an 8 over 7 variety. Please try to give us a better look. Being an SLQ enthusiest I'd crap myself if I saw that in a plug!.Great find. :thumbsup:
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

I LOVE THOSE STANDING LIBERTY QUARTERS !!!!!!
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

rd brough the s l over and we looked at it under my mic and it sure looks like 8 over 7. i got some close ups but i cant get them out of one program into the other.....i will keep trying......mpfish
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

Nice finds. :wink:
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

I'm not a expert by any means but I am fairly sure it is a 8 over 7
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

Yea, it looks like a 8 over an 7!!!! Try to post a better pix!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: 1918 S Standing Liberty Quarter, 1905 Indian cent,old button

Great looking finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom