What's new

1919 Class Ring. My "BEST" find from this site.Got a name Tracking for Relatives

DPBOB

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
3,592
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Location
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used
AVATAR: MY Wife Saying....




"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1919 Class Ring. My "BEST" find from this site.Got a name Tracking for Relatives

I have been hunting this small park for many years. It was once an old school from ( appox ) 1902-1963.

It has yielded many older coins many years ago ( 1986-1990 )

I go there once in a while and every time I get a new machine.

Today I took the etrac there for the 3rd time.

Found a 1910 wheatie in an area that was hit hard in the past.

I decided to try a small area that I had never swung a coil in and within 5 minutes I got a 1935 Wheatie and the soil was nice and black....Virgin ground I thought...

5 feet away I got a real nice solid 12-47 all the way around.... and at least 1/2 way down the gage...Hmmmm I thought,
SILVER QUARTER for sure....depth was at least 6-8 inches..

Dug my plug so I wouldn't scratch it... Pulled some dirt out, probed it, I found the target was still down there...
dug a bit out and in one clump of dirt I saw the band of the ring....

Cleaned some dirt off and was greeted with a 1919 Maine H S Class Ring....
Pretty sure it's a girls ring. It doesn't even fit on my pinky.

My " BEST" of many from this small park....

91 years old ring

Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • OLD MAINE HIGH SCHOOL.webp
    OLD MAINE HIGH SCHOOL.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,350
  • OLD MAINE HIGH SCHOOL.webp
    OLD MAINE HIGH SCHOOL.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,243
  • IMG_0101.webp
    IMG_0101.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,276
Upvote 0
Re: 1919 Class Ring. My "BEST" find from this site.Got a name Tracking for Relatives

Man that is sweet!!!!!
 
Re: 1919 Class Ring. My "BEST" find from this site.Got a name Tracking for Relat

Nice find indeed ! And even nicer that you are making a concerted effort to get the ring to
a relative of the original owner ! Argentium.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom