What's new

1935 Pittman-Moore rabies vaccine tag

BlackX

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
341
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
I've been googling around trying to find info on when dogs started being inoculated against rabies but I'm not finding any info. :( Anyone know? Anyhow...

It's been dry lately so I haven't been getting out much but I got out briefly a few days ago and went back to where I found the '21 SLQ a month or so ago. Did find a cruddy 1865 Indian but the interesting thing, I thought, was this rabies tag (that I excitedly thought was a luggage tag 'cause it's near an old railway terminal but, when I got home and washed it off, saw that it wasn't). Is this a dog rabies tag?
 

Attachments

  • rabies 003_sm.webp
    rabies 003_sm.webp
    68.1 KB · Views: 576
  • rabies 002_sm.webp
    rabies 002_sm.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0
"An epizootiologic transition began in the United States in the 1920s, when rabies prevention efforts were no longer focused exclusively on human vaccination but began to include programs for the control of rabies in dogs. Domestic animal cases gradually declined, largely as a result of local dog rabies control programs that included vaccination, stray animal removal, and leash and muzzle ordinances."

http://www.fas.org/ahead/docs/rabies.htm
 
Thanks, Daroofa!

(I did find the Pittman_Moore created one of the strains of vaccines.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom