What's new

1937 was probably a good and bad year - nov 14th 2013 = gold ring in the stavrscoop

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
2,027
Reaction score
475
Golden Thread
0
Location
va beach, va
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short spin from wed. – for 30 years this is about all I did, then one day I found some gold and I left the second hand smoke sometime in the late 90’s. I go back from time to time to think. The house pro and cue maker: Dave Bollman is in bad deal with cancer and has now sold his cue shop located here to “Big Al”.

Today u will see one of the oldest and nicest gold rings I have found and a really kewl bottle opener. Got some good vibes from across the big pond from Mal – must have worked.

Regular pics at the end of the long vid - See you at the knife gig fri and sat. – A VERY LONG VID @ 22mins.

.
.
.
.
http://youtu.be/KqwQQX7FzMQ

.
.
.
 

Attachments

  • 1114OPENER1.webp
    1114OPENER1.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 1114OPENER2.webp
    1114OPENER2.webp
    31 KB · Views: 150
  • 1114GOLD1.webp
    1114GOLD1.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 1114GOLD2.webp
    1114GOLD2.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 1114GOLD3.webp
    1114GOLD3.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 1114GOLD5.webp
    1114GOLD5.webp
    33 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
I cant open the video.
 
Really a nice ring! Congrats!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

I can understand your reluctance to clean that ring more .. but I think a vinegar bath would not hurt and safely remove most of that interior crud. I would even not be afraid of a quick dip in hydrochloric acid (swimming pool acid) but that's just me. Seeing a name or initials in the ring would be the prize of the cleaning.
 
Nice old one there nice video thanks I am hitting a new freshwater beach in the morning seeing that one got me a little excited
 
Nice find on the gold. Wouldn't it be something if the owner was still alive and you could return his ring to him or maybe his kids. If that ring is from his junior year, that would have put his birth at 1920 or 1921. The 1937 is pretty good shape on the side. I'll check out the video when my data allowance is up again. Right now, it's 100% until next months data allowance kicks in. Wish we had cable instead of satellite. A friend of mine in North Carolina says he has 100mbps connection speed and no data plan.
 
Beautiful old ring Max! Congrats!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom