What's new

1965 half on a 90% blank?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2009
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
1,100
Golden Thread
0
Location
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stumbled across a box of halves today and found 2 90% Kens and 5 40% including a 1965. When I spotted the rim of the '65, I would have bet a roll of 40%ers that it was a 90%er. The coin is in very good shape and the rim is not dirty at all. Its not plated, as I have now seen enough of those to recognize them. I've been at this for over a year now and have seen hundreds of 40% halves, but never one like this. I know there are a few '65's out there struck on 90% blanks, and I am hoping I just found one. My question is how do I find out?
 
Upvote 0
A 90%er weighes 12.5 g & 40%er weighs 11.5 g
 
awesome box!!! weigh it, and get back to us...im very anxious to find out...good luck, i hope its 90% and a valuable error worth thousands!!!
 
I have gotten several halves like that, you cannot see the copper on the edge, but alas they were all 40%.
 
i got a 68 recently that looks more silver than any of my 90s... didn't know such an error could exist

hmmmmm
 
CHAINCHOMP said:
awesome box!!! weigh it, and get back to us...im very anxious to find out...good luck, i hope its 90% and a valuable error worth thousands!!!

Its probably just a 40%er, but I've been looking for an excuse to buy a scale anyway. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom