What's new

1st bag from Credit Union

keverett

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
513
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
As I stated in a previous post, one of my credit unions called and said that I could stop by and pick up all the bags of coins from their coinstar machine. I haven't searched any bags at this point, and was really excited to see what the new territory would hold. When I got to the bank they explained that they combined all of the coins into one bag, and that if I wanted them I would have to take everything. Total on the bag was just shy of $1200. I decided not to ruin a good thing by complaining, so I took all of the coins in hopes of finding something decent. The bag had well over 200 of the new presidential dollars, and a bunch of pennies, but I could see 1 1968 half dollar when I picked up the bag from the bank so I was hopefull. Once I was able to separate the denominations I could see that it was a pretty nice bag after all.

Halves:
1964 - 19
40% Halves - 53

Dimes:
Merc - 1 (1944 my first merc found in the wild!!!)
Roosies - 3

Pennies:
15 wheats oldest being a 1936

The pictures include 2 Roosies from the 2 boxes I picked up from my bank. All in all, I would say that it was a pretty good day for me. My second best score on halves, and my first mercury dime! Thanks for looking everyone!!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0012.webp
    IMG_0012.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_0013.webp
    IMG_0013.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_0014.webp
    IMG_0014.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 570
Upvote 0
Nice haul. Were you short on the 1200 on the money or over. Just wondering. Also if they will let you have bags like that all the time I would make it a regular pickup at all the branches if you can. :headbang:
 
The bag was like $1167 and change....I had the cash to cover it, so I just picked up everything. I was thinking the same thing about making it a regular pickup!
 
Great Silver score Keverett. Do the banks mix in customer returned roll change with the Coinstar coins in the bags ? We always hear how Coinstar rejects Silver coins, but yet Silver shows up in the bags. My banks won't sell me the bags, yet, lol.
 
Congrats on a good score! Make it a regular pickup. For a short while I was able to pick up CU bags. Even the quarters produced.
HH
Rich
 
Congrats

Great hunt

Darth Walker
 
Coin machines do not just simply reject silver. The reason you will see some spit certain silver out if because the coins are usually worn enough to not pass the thickness test part of the machine. This is the same reason coinstar machines often reject very new casino halves if they have been worn to thin.

Great haul there.
 
keverett, What part of Ca. are you from?
 
sakevitz said:
keverett, What part of Ca. are you from?

I'm in the Central Valley
 
wait thats a silver dime ::)
 
aa battery said:
wait thats a silver dime ::)

AA I was talking about digging one in the wild! This is kinda like shooting fish in a barrel.....you fire enough shots you are bound to hit something. Now what you found takes some serious talent!
 
keverett said:
aa battery said:
wait thats a silver dime ::)

AA I was talking about digging one in the wild! This is kinda like shooting fish in a barrel.....you fire enough shots you are bound to hit something. Now what you found takes some serious talent!
oh :laughing7:
 
A mixed bag like that would be fun. Nice score, and continued success! :icon_thumleft:
 
JD-GA said:
Coin machines do not just simply reject silver. The reason you will see some spit certain silver out if because the coins are usually worn enough to not pass the thickness test part of the machine. This is the same reason coinstar machines often reject very new casino halves if they have been worn to thin.

Great haul there.

I would like to add that there are different kinds of machines some are higher speed that will take everything and some that are slower that reject everything.

Coinstar has become a generic name of sorts for coincounters so lots of people will describe coincounters of all kinds as a coinstar machine. And clearly there are different kinds. Over the years I've come to know which ones reject and which ones accept. Therefore the ones that reject are my dump sites and the ones that accept silver are my buy banks.

Mojo
 
The machines around here reject all silver ,foreign, and slug coins. I watched them in action and I was impressed! :( :( :( :(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom