Attachments

• SDC10985.JPG
    SDC10985.JPG
    771.6 KB · Views: 137
  • SDC10983.JPG
    SDC10983.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
The Big Sandy is a beauty with the different colors in it! I love all the other ones too and the red jasper is awesome! Great first finds of 2016! Congrats and good omen for the rest of the year too!

I really like the Big Sandy points and that one has the most stark colors…great find Rock!

SOME GREAT COLORS THERE ROCK.THANKS FOR SHARING.

Sweet point and colorful stone there bud.

I'm not sure I'd type that a Big Sandy, looks more Woodland period to me, but it's hard to tell from pictures.

Good Luck!

You're off to a good start. That is pretty stone.

Sweet point and colorful stone there bud.

I'm not sure I'd type that a Big Sandy, looks more Woodland period to me, but it's hard to tell from pictures.

Good Luck!

Big Sandy in my area is a very wide spread in the time frame from 10k to 3k BP. Id say by my area this one would be in the Late Archaic time frame. Also seeing it is small. Its missing the left ear due to the cows got it. Im lucky I found it before they crushed it completely

Nice finds! I also like that banded material. Know what it is? Distance from your find to source?

By the brown color I would say it was traded in from Alabama area although I am not far from the state line. By car less than a hour if I dont catch any lights.

I really like the Big Sandy points and that one has the most stark colors…great find Rock!

Thanks Joe Im sure you have found them to. I dont find many actually this might be my 1st. I have to leave for work early today. Got to mail a package :)
The box is the hardest thing to make it fit. I was cussing it got to cut 2 boxes then try to fit them together and lots of tape. With the weather it takes a while.

you big tease....give us better pix of that great point!

Nice find Rock! way to start out 2016, great color as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back