Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out with Ironhorse the last couple of days and we tried many great looking fields that wouldn't give up more than 2 plain buttons each. We did find one new site but after about 40 minutes or so it was quiet. That was yesterday and today really sucked for me, but IH got a neat keeper. I'm sure he'll post soon.

I think the cut copper is cool and always nice to see an old Artillery button come up.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 651
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 653
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 658
Upvote 1
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
man I could handle a curse like that... a button like that would make my trip there worth while!!!! maybe that's what you guys are doing, saving the good stuff for me...thanks :notworthy:

I guess you don't remember how the two button curse was before the day you found those two Spanish? We'd try a field, find a couple of old things, think we finally had a site, then nothing! I don't remember too many great moments, but it was still fun. If I can find a few early to mid. 1800s sites in that same area there's an ok chance one of those buttons popping up.

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Nice finds, love the button :icon_sunny:

What's the item 1st pic top center?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IronSpike said:

Keyhole plate/cover in the shape of a guitar. When I first seen it I hoped it was a watch fob, or cool token, but nope.

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
IronSpike said:

Keyhole plate/cover in the shape of a guitar. When I first seen it I hoped it was a watch fob, or cool token, but nope.

Great relics :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• britishguianastiver.jpg
    britishguianastiver.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 339

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know how much I love shoe buckles, so could you post a close-up of it? Great find!

Kirk

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
You know how much I love shoe buckles, so could you post a close-up of it? Great find!

Kirk

Attachments

• sbk1a.jpg
    sbk1a.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 307

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:

Kirk
hey ya can't deny he's got talent! :laughing9: nice digs dude! nice relics

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well IP, I hope IH find makes up for your finds. ;D Actually congats on getting the military button, that saved the day, the cut copper is nice but whole ones much better. Good luck on your remaining hunts for 2010, maybe ole man winter will hold off till late December for you.

Don

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don in SJ said:
Well IP, I hope IH find makes up for your finds. ;D Actually congats on getting the military button, that saved the day, the cut copper is nice but whole ones much better. Good luck on your remaining hunts for 2010, maybe ole man winter will hold off till late December for you.

Don

I have several of the whole coins so to me the cut one is better. IH, as you probably have seen by now did ok but still nothing over the top. We'll be doing our biggest stretch of digging this year sometime very soon so hope to have something interesting to post. 10 years of walking fields is starting to make it very difficult to just wing it, something we used to do with good success on a regular basis. As for the freeze up we tend to be guaranteed until about the first week of Dec. then all bets are off after that. By then I'm sure I'll be ready to go into Winter mode so no big deal.

There's still lots of time to pull something good out! (and we will be trying)

HomesteadHunter

Nov 14, 2008
Amherstburg, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
I can't recall you guys ever really having a bad hunt.....at least the ones that you've posted your finds. I think your cut token is pretty neat, I know i've never found one thats cut. And your button is great, that would be a very special find down my way, given its age. Around here, its usually rebellion era military for me.

James
HomesteadHunter

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice button that would make my day out worth while. :icon_thumright:
Saw cannon buttons being dug all around me these past weeks but it wasn't going to happen for me. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread