2 Carnelian Today

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to get out to the river claims today. Was a sunny but cool day with a crisp wind. Found the usual small flake river flood gold. What was unexpected was the size of carnelian found. Normally the pieces are under an inch in size, today both are a good size for here and the larger one is just over 2 inches...

Claim Pan 1.JPG Claim Pan 2.JPG

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
2 Small Carnelian.. Maybe.. but the larger is not.. I want to say Fluorite, Citrine or even a very large yellow Topaz. Thou could be just a yellowed/weather quartz. The little green stone could be Amzonite. You could even have a few ill formed Rubies, Garnets and Sapphires.. Pan-o-luck..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...great finds, pretty color and nice pictures....very nice scenery there....ever see any caribou around Cariboo5? ;)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...great finds, pretty color and nice pictures....very nice scenery there....ever see any caribou around Cariboo5? ;)

Great question and yes usually in the spring time when going to some of my other claims which are an hour drive from home. This picture of the 2 caribou is from last spring....

Caribou.JPG

Upvote 0

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...how exciting to be able to see them & great picture!:icon_thumleft: Be sure & takes some more for us to enjoy along with your finds when you can...please. We get some Elk here....last spring I got this shot..... RSCN7523.JPG ....:)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...how exciting to be able to see them & great picture!:icon_thumleft: Be sure & takes some more for us to enjoy along with your finds when you can...please. We get some Elk here....last spring I got this shot..... View attachment 977773 ....:)

Nice picture of the calf elk CK...Like yourself my camera is always along on each outing as one just never knows when a good shot will appear. Should I happen to get more finds I will post them along with a location shot as I also enjoy seeing where others have found their gems......

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread