Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO Today I had another minute to plat with the CTX. I it a little monster to learn but I think I am getting the hang of it finally and have something to show for it today. Was working with a clean up the beaches crew and found the misc Fishing lure couple of iron nails and loads of pop tabs. The girls were giddy everytime I had something to put in the trash.
I was not having much luck on the keepers though. Thought the beach was overworked. I found a 91 Washington clad and a Penny that had tumbled in the surf so much that I thought I had a dime. Can barely make out lincoln and the memorial forget about a date.
The CTX has an undeniable Iron grunt so grunt grunt grunt all day. I worked up to the boardwalk that has Iron pylons (the surf comes into here at high tide) and every Pylon was grunting and maxing out the ctx everytime I got to near. The third Pylon in I get a grunt followed by a High squeal then grunt grunt grunt squeal.

Sooo I pull out my new Garrett pinpointer and work away from the pylon. I got nothing. I star 2 g1h.jpg t pushing the pinpointer into the ground and sure as shinola I get a ping about 8" down. I dust off the top 5" of sand and get my sifter in and out pops not 1 But T doubleU 2 Gold Rings! One with real .03 Diamonds :) 4x the grins

They look like they were dropped yesterday. I only rinsed them when I got home for the photo shoot. Both rings are exactly the same size so someone did a toofer in the sand. My very first dug gold so I had to post it.

Cheers All

Upvote 16

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and diamonds, I'd be excited too! Very nice, what's the karat?

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Those will sure knock a dent in paying for the CTX 3030.

Frank
Proceeds from these will go to the beach litter clean up effort! I will have to find more :)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Proceeds from these will go to the beach litter clean up effort! I will have to find more
smiley.gif

U Hav PiraTe fever now, You will be living there ever chance..Sweet looking combo!!

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and great finds. Sounds like your process is paying out nicely. Congrats...Brad

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats my man. Double time. Very well played. GL&HH.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THOSE ARE BEAUTIES !!:thumbsup:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the double gold, nothing like getting the high tone when the grunting are the norm.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score, congrats. People have been known to symbolically drop or throw their wedding rings off of piers or bridges when getting out of a marriage. Hit that pier! Sub 8-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! Congrats!

I'm still look'n for some gold.

OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score, congrats. People have been known to symbolically drop or throw their wedding rings off of piers or bridges when getting out of a marriage. Hit that pier! Sub 8-)

You may have something there. It is not a pier but more of a waters edge Board walk at high tide. Next time I'm there I will snap a photo of where I found them (I was so excited I found them I spaced the picture, kicking self) There is a good 4 - 5 inch gap between the edge of the walk and the railing. I figured someone was sun bathing in the area and nudged them off the edge. Either way there has to be 18" of the softest siltiest sand right there at the edge. I don't think you could find a basketball if you dropped it.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big congrats on :metaldetector: that first CTX gold !!! :3barsgold:

OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big congrats on :metaldetector: that first CTX gold !!! :3barsgold:

The CTX is a MONSTER. (I do not recommend it to anyone that doesn't have a yardarm of patience.) But now that I am getting use to the multitude of sounds me hopes its not the last gold. It sure does go deeper than anything I have used and the elimination for certain metals really works and works well. I am anxious to travel with it and try it in CW country (a Dream) Im in Nashville next month if anyone wants to invite me? Would truly be awesome. I would be afraid to go try on my own as so much of the area is protected and I am allergic to cops

Cheers All for the Replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread