What's new

2 Great boxes (1955 Franklin), UPDATED PICS OF 1955 FRANKLIN

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did 4 boxes tonight......CWI's dated Dec 0x, 2009. (Last weeks 2 CWI boxes were very good).

Box #1 - 2 - 64's and 1 - 67.

Box #2 - 2 - 64's, MY FIRST WALKER (1943), AND MY FIRST FRANKLINS!!
FOUR FRANKLINS WERE 1951-P, 1954-D, 1963-D AND......A BEAUTIFUL MS 1955-P....I'M GUESSING MS-60, MAYBE 62.

Total melt around $100......1955-p franklin adds another $30 or so!! My best box yet!!
 

Attachments

  • 55franklin.webp
    55franklin.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 386
  • 1955reverse.webp
    1955reverse.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
Re: 2 Great boxes, 2 Not-so-great boxes - PICS

My apologies to all you hunters out there for finding a 1955-p Franklin in my 18th box searched (and first box with any franklin).
 
Re: 2 Great boxes, 2 Not-so-great boxes - PICS

Nice find. I have found more than 400 Franklins and not one 55! Way to go. :icon_thumright:

Maine_Jim
 
Re: 2 Great boxes, 2 Not-so-great boxes - PICS

Nice find on the 1955. I'm on the west coast so doubtful I'll ever get one.
 
Re: 2 Great boxes (1955 Franklin), 2 Not-so-great boxes - PICS

Nice find! I haven't found one either. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: 2 Great boxes (1955 Franklin), 2 Not-so-great boxes - PICS

nice score! keep it up and hh!
 
Re: 2 Great boxes (1955 Franklin), 2 Not-so-great boxes - PICS

Nice!!!! WTG!!!!!
 
Re: 2 Great boxes (1955 Franklin), 2 Not-so-great boxes - PICS

Holy mackeral Ben's got some huge pores! Congrats on the firsts.
 
Re: 2 Great boxes (1955 Franklin), 2 Not-so-great boxes - PICS

Thats a good find. Congrats!
 
Re: 2 Great boxes (1955 Franklin), 2 Not-so-great boxes - PICS

Congrats on your finds! And more HSH,

apush :read2:
 
Grade opinions wanted on my 1955 Franklin), UPDATED PICS OF 1955 FRANKLIN

Could you fine folks give me an opinion as to estimated grade? I am thinking ms-60 maybe? Thanks!!
 
Re: Grade opinions wanted on my 1955 Franklin), UPDATED PICS OF 1955 FRANKLIN

cdickrun64 said:
Could you fine folks give me an opinion as to estimated grade? I am thinking ms-60 maybe? Thanks!!
Judging from the pictures AU-55 to AU-58 depending on how the luster is in hand.

Nice find!!
 
Nice Ben Franklin score. Hard to tell from the pic, but I think your 1955 is
a Ms-63, Just my opinion
rileyboy
 
That's a beauty! Never found one myself in almost three year's hunting. Had to buy one to complete my folder.
 
Nice cull on the silver and a beauty on the 55. From your pics, there seems to be a bit too much rub on the cheek to give a MS grade. The fields are clean without distracting nicks and scratches. I would grade it an AU-58. It might swing an MS 60 if what you see in your hand is better than the pictures. Either way, it is a sweet score. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom