What's new

2 Hours Before the Storm

baywalker

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2011
Messages
1,117
Reaction score
432
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I couldn't go fishing today, about 2 hours before the rains came, I tried mding on one of my bay beaches. I found lots of lead, $1.17 in clad, a couple of aluminum wedge things that I have seen before but do not know what they are, and a bracelet which I thought was gold but just brass, and a small charm. How can China make lead sinkers and ship them here cheaper than we can make them??? :dontknow: Thanks for looking.

Jonnie
 

Attachments

  • Todays find 112811.webp
    Todays find 112811.webp
    75.5 KB · Views: 809
  • Aluminum wedges.webp
    Aluminum wedges.webp
    58 KB · Views: 809
  • Lead sinker from China.webp
    Lead sinker from China.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 795
Upvote 0
Jonnie, I was thinking this morning that there is no way you were fishing today. It rained all day here. Nice pile of stuff, too bad nothing real good. I saw your other post with the bone or stone round thing. It might be a gorget, or something for making fire that wore through. Steve.
 
You got a lot of target there, Jonnie :hello2:

That charm is interesing to me...any writing on it?

Lorraine
 
Steve I have always though gorget also

Lorrian it says K-SWISS

Jonnie
 
baywalker said:
Steve I have always though gorget also

Lorrian it says K-SWISS

Jonnie

Thanks, Jonnie
 
good spin

gray matter........i missed it today, 1 meager one.............. 8)

good luck
 
baywalker said:
Since I couldn't go fishing today, about 2 hours before the rains came, I tried mding on one of my bay beaches. I found lots of lead, $1.17 in clad, a couple of aluminum wedge things that I have seen before but do not know what they are, and a bracelet which I thought was gold but just brass, and a small charm. How can China make lead sinkers and ship them here cheaper than we can make them??? :dontknow: Thanks for looking.

Jonnie

Unfortunately China is making everything cheaper then we can make it (not better) that's why all the jobs are over there.

Keep swinging the good finds will come. Rick :coffee2:
 
baywalker said:
How can China make lead sinkers and ship them here cheaper than we can make them??? :dontknow:

Three letters say's it all EPA, them and the green freaks have just about shut down all the smelters in this country.

That and the fact that China brakes into a market by selling for or less than the parts cost, then after it drives under our businesses then they raise the price up but it's still the same cheap junk.

I do my darnedest not to by anything with "Made in China" on it but some time's it can't be avoided. :(
 
Aman wildman.... me too. Ive almost stopped shopping at Wally World because of it. Japan did the same thing before WWII.... they owned us. Also they send us lead idems for our kids, bad grain, bad dry wall, and copy anything without regard to patten. Its a you bought it but you cant use it tactic.

Those aluminum parts looks like cut pieces of thresh holds. Im sure that wasnt nearly the payday you get during a sunny fishing day.... but instead of that sticker that says GONE FISHING you need one that says gone METAL DETECTING.

Dew
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom