2 matchbox cars and our sewer pipe - jeez!

OhioDeb

May 16, 2011
westcentral Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the 2 matchbox cars out in our yard. Nothing great. We have a coal shoot at the back of our house. I got a signal. Keep digging. I uncover a small bit of copper color. Look kinda like a copper pot. I dug around it. Good thing I stopped tapping it to see if it would move. It was our sewer pipe from the bathroom. It was only about 10 inches in the ground. Jeez. Big disappointment! :dontknow: I might be going to my daughter's house in Kentucky tomorrow. Gonna look for artifacts. :hello2: OhioDeb

Upvote 0

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Hmmmm, if it was copper I doubt it was your sewer line. Years ago they were cast iron. Now everything is plastic. It may be your gas line being only 10". Probably not water as it would freeze at that depth. What diameter is it?

OP
OP
OhioDeb

OhioDeb

May 16, 2011
westcentral Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say 6 inches across . Looked like a copling attached. The copling was bigger, rounder. That why I thought it was a copper pot. The rest going into the house looked like clay tile. OhioDeb

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I forgot about the clay sewer pipes. I should have remembered them as I had to dig up more then 50' of pipe, by hand, two times after tree roots grew between the sections. The 2nd time I replaced with plastic pipe. You must live in an older home to still have clay sewer pipes.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's funny Deb! :laughing7:

A couple of weeks ago I was hunting my front yard and got a good copper signal at a depth of 3". So I stuck my digging tool in the ground and thought I'd just hit a root? I turned out to be my TV cable! I spent the next hour driving to the store to buy cable connectors and repairing it! :laughing9:

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread