What's new

2 old silvers and more

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out this morning before the sun came up. The big field gave up a few keepers today. 1788 half real, silver colonial cufflink, LC and 5 buttons. Had a good 2 hour hunt. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • _20160707_102556.webp
    _20160707_102556.webp
    457 KB · Views: 215
  • _20160707_102522.webp
    _20160707_102522.webp
    364.2 KB · Views: 175
  • _20160707_102320.webp
    _20160707_102320.webp
    222.3 KB · Views: 173
  • _20160707_102241.webp
    _20160707_102241.webp
    272.5 KB · Views: 168
  • _20160707_085854.webp
    _20160707_085854.webp
    278.9 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 60
Awesome coin and relic hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Very nice, and what a relief: a post without a "reale" pun!!!

Great finds, that cufflink is smoking!!!!
 
Very well done! The cufflink is really sweet... so old and hand made looking... wow.

Best of luck to you!
 
Wow Art!!!! That link is stunning my friend. That's one heck of a hunt buddy
 
Congrats on a great hunt Art. Love the cuff link!
 
Pretty good hunt Art. Really like that silver cuff link:thumbsup:
 
Congrats on your finds & I have to agree the silver cuff link is outstanding - bodacious hand full of old relics & thanks for sharing - wish you many more great finds.

Texas ED
 
SICK LINK Art! That's one of the nicest ones I've seen on here. That field sure is rough on those coppers and buttons. Glad to see some silver turning up looking much better. Awesome hunt :thumbsup:
 
beautiful cufflink! I had a very worn half real a couple years ago and the only visible lettering on the obverse was "84" for 1784. Nice to get a solid date on these things
 
Congratz on Spanish Silver! The other finds are nice too! :thumbsup:
 
I love your field, your finds are great there! Congrats Art on another great hunt!
 
Really nice finds. Congrats.
 
Awesome finds! :thumbsup:
 
See, this is the thing.... My father in law has a huge property/field, in Western MD, but I am stuck down here in FL....we only get up there about once a year.... He doesn't plant on it, and he has a guy harvest it for hay a couple times a year. But, whenever we get up there, the grass is up to my waist, if not higher...:BangHead: I can only dream of the goodies waiting for me, when the timing lines up... Posts like yours inspire me to keep dreaming of a field hunt, with crazy good success. Congrats on the old silvers.... Outstanding!
 
See, this is the thing.... My father in law has a huge property/field, in Western MD, but I am stuck down here in FL....we only get up there about once a year.... He doesn't plant on it, and he has a guy harvest it for hay a couple times a year. But, whenever we get up there, the grass is up to my waist, if not higher...:BangHead: I can only dream of the goodies waiting for me, when the timing lines up... Posts like yours inspire me to keep dreaming of a field hunt, with crazy good success. Congrats on the old silvers.... Outstanding!

The field hunts can be long and boring at times. I try to do my homework on the history before trying to get permission. They sure are fun when you find the hot spots. Hope it works out for you good luck
 
So that's the key to success, I have to start getting out before the sun comes up,,, lol
Congrats on a truly outstanding hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom