What's new

2 unknowns from Confederate camp

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. Hunted a rebel camp last night and dug these two things. Item 1 is heavy brass and item 2 is pewter. It's possible I haven't fit the separate pieces in image 2 together correctly -- they were found in the same hole, but might not even belong together. Any ideas on either? Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 1and2 copy.webp
    1and2 copy.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 462
I think the top piece was identified as a part from an old door lock a while back. The bottom piece I have not seen anywhere before...


Regards,



Buck
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
I think the top piece was identified as a part from an old door lock a while back. The bottom piece I have not seen anywhere before...


Regards,



Buck

Thanks BB, I got the same reply on another forum so I'm guessing item 1 is solved. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Second is some sort of applied ornament... was either gilt or painted. Furniture or carriage related is my guess.

Looks beter turned 180 degrees from the way the pic is.
 
Upvote 0
My guess on the pewter item is, is that it's the lower portion of fancy door knob escutcheon plate.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
My guess on the pewter item is, is that it's the lower portion of fancy door knob escutcheon plate.
Thanks, creskol. I was thinking the same thing and planned on marking it solved should someone confirm that suspicion. Thanks to all. :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom