What's new

20 mins out with a test with a new GTI 2500

archmjr

Full Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
111
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northwestern PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a, White's Spectrum, White's DFX, Fisher F75, 2 Big Bud Pros (Red Housing), Nokta FORS Core. That is 10 Machines. I let other Vets use them.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20 min's out with a test with a new GTI 2500

Greetings.

Archmjr here in CT. I only had a few minutes to try out this machine I have had for about a year to see how it did. It was a well hunted park in central CT. I dug a early no date bust large cent out if this park somehow two or three years ago.

I have been detecting since I was 12, about 26 years now and have used many machines. I have a big bud pro se, 1270X, a CZ 5, a Compass Challenger 80 and this machine. My teknetics machine and the CZ are my two park machines.

I hunted in the preset coin mode, slight threshold, belltone all that stuff. I upped the volume a bit, pushed the sensitivity to 81/2 from the preset and went to work. Surprisingly the imaging works very well (pretty good comment coming from a guy who still lacks faith in digital detectors). I pulled two good pieces of old equipment knobs or lead items which are common in these parks, probably from years of lawn maintenance.

I pulled 1996 Qtr, a 1981 cpr cent and a 1952 silver dime. The dime started me of course. I was about 2 1/2 to 3 inches deep.

I think that the seperation for the size of the stock 9" coil and pushed sensitivity it did well. I am going to get out on tuesday since I am active duty National Guard and I have the day off. I will post pics of todays finds and what I pull on tuesday. Depending on the amount of time spent with this machine I may post a field test in that location of the forums.

Games on with NE and Buffalo...gotta go...GO BILLS!!!

Arch.
 
Upvote 2
Re: 20 min's out with a test with a new GTI 2500

Didn't know there was a metal detector that gives an image of what it's seeing, way cool. Does a poptop look like one so you know not to dig it? That alone would be a dream come true. Of course it depends what angle it is at in the ground. You definitely should do a review when you've had a little more time with it. CT would be a great hunting ground.

Have fun,
Born Free
 
Re: 20 min's out with a test with a new GTI 2500

Great day with that new machine "archmjr". Thank you for serving our
country. Best of luck on your future hunts. Congratulations. (blklab) :thumbsup:
 
Re: 20 min's out with a test with a new GTI 2500

Born Free said:
Didn't know there was a metal detector that gives an image of what it's seeing, way cool. Does a poptop look like one so you know not to dig it? That alone would be a dream come true. Of course it depends what angle it is at in the ground. You definitely should do a review when you've had a little more time with it. CT would be a great hunting ground.

Have fun,
Born Free

lol Now you are day dreaming to much. No the GTI does not do that, it shows it's guess at the size of the target that is what he means with imaging.
They should call it sizing instead as thats really what it does.

I had one for 1 year, never going to get one again. If you want I can do a review but it ain't pretty.
 
Re: 20 min's out with a test with a new GTI 2500

Eu...let me know the nuances of this machine. I would love a review. Do it over in that section and I will take a look.

I am heading out in a few hours when it warms up just a little. I am in Bristol, CT..someone asked.

Arch
 
Plantsville
 
I started out with the 2500--still have it. It's a good machine and I think now better with the double D coil. The sizing feature works quite well as you say. In my highly mineralized soil here in northern NJ I found I can get more depth with a multi-freq machine like the Explorer SE than my 2500. I have the 3030 too and it has some bells and whistles but the SE Pro does just as well with depth and finds plus it accepts the Sunray X-1 probe which is invaluable. The 2500 I believe can also be fitted with a Sunray probe which makes it a better machine. I feel like I'm hunting blind with just a regular pinpointer. The 2500 is a very user-friendly machine with a good build quality and good customer support.
 
DANG LOST ME I WAS LOOKING FOR THE PICS.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom