$200 in CWR Halves, think again

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called a bank 15 miles away and they said they had $200 in halves, drive 40 minutes to get there and the teller is at lunch at 2pm. Iwait 10 minutes and I give her the cash then she starts pulling dollar coin rolls out! Then I ask her where the halves are and she tells me she only has $200 in dollar coins. She was polite, but boy was I pissed!

Upvote 0
you drove 40 minutes to a bank 15 miles away?? Were you driving a golf cart?

timbobwey said:
you drove 40 minutes to a bank 15 miles away?? Were you driving a golf cart?
Thats about how long it would take me to go 15 miles here in Orange County.

Crossed state lines in a very populated area on a Friday. That is why I thought it might be a huge score, because it is out of the way and hard to find branch.

yeah, always worth a shot. I used to call around to banks, but I had the same thing happen a lot. A bank would say they had a bunch of halves and then when I drove to get them, they'de be gone. So no I just drive and find em.

You truely never see the same thing in a day with CRH. I actually thought the story was funny. :laughing9:

Im sure you'll be blessed shortly. ::)

I sympathize.

Another victim of the CLUELESS TELLER.
If they don't forget our orders, cherry pick our silver, mis-count the cash, they mis-name the coin.
How many of us would get fired if we couldn't be more competent?

May you fare better in the future.

On my recent CRH trip, I stopped at one bank and inquired about halves. The teller asked around and all the other said no to the halves but one teller spoke up and said she had some "gold" dollars in stock. I politely refues them until the original teller said that she had some "silver" dollars instead. I perked up just long enough for her to pull out a SBA and hold it up. ::)

Oh well, she tried! I did then ask if there were any of the "great big" dollars in stock and they all looked at me like they were clueless. ???

Goldmanford,

How are the silver half dollars in NC? I am thinking about moving to Charlotte and wondered how the state of silver is there.

palidin20603 said:
Goldmanford,

How are the silver half dollars in NC? I am thinking about moving to Charlotte and wondered how the state of silver is there.

I have only gone through 4 boxes of halves and have found 29 silver (9 @ 90%) and I picked up a few loose ones from different banks. My biggest haul was several years ago and they were CWR and I mopped up with over 100 silver. The hardest thing I have going for me is ordering them. Only one bank in my area can order and the head teller only wants to do so every once in awhile.

I'm several hous from Charlotte though so the "big city" may produce better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back