What's new

2000 year old fake.

oldsoapy

Hero Member
Joined
May 28, 2007
Messages
537
Reaction score
863
Golden Thread
5
Location
uk
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bit of a let down , as the first thing l saw in the hole was the Gold edge. l'm not too sure as to if the correct term is "Fake" as it is a genuine 2000 year old coin. from the era before Christ, any info would be welcome. John.
 

Attachments

  • w445.webp
    w445.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,498
  • w446.webp
    w446.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,491
Upvote 0
Nutriasub said:
I would love to see a better cleaned picture!

Great find, congratulations big time!
Sorry but the coins core is badly corroded and wont clean up any better without spoiling the remaining gold, lt's catch22 . however the coin is supposed to be from Eastern England a "South Ferriby" type this is a fairly close match or thereabouts of the gold one.
http://www.nigelmills.net/index.php?id1=1001&id2=1121&uaction=1
 
I would take great care with that one.

I think it is amazing.

I say banner on that bad boy.
 
john hutchison said:
Nutriasub said:
I would love to see a better cleaned picture!

Great find, congratulations big time!
Sorry but the coins core is badly corroded and wont clean up any better without spoiling the remaining gold, lt's catch22 . however the coin is supposed to be from Eastern England a "South Ferriby" type this is a fairly close match or thereabouts of the gold one.
http://www.nigelmills.net/index.php?id1=1001&id2=1121&uaction=1

Not really Eastern England as in East Anglia, unless you mean the East side of England :dontknow:
The Coritani (Corieltauvi) Tribe's influence stretched from modern Leicestershire up through Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and into South Yorkshire. So your find is outside the Tribal boundries, this does of course happen, as I got a similar one below & so did Shaun7 (his was solid, mine was plated):
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,356228.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,265606.0.html
 
CRUSADER said:
john hutchison said:
Nutriasub said:
I would love to see a better cleaned picture!

Great find, congratulations big time!
Sorry but the coins core is badly corroded and wont clean up any better without spoiling the remaining gold, lt's catch22 . however the coin is supposed to be from Eastern England a "South Ferriby" type this is a fairly close match or thereabouts of the gold one.
http://www.nigelmills.net/index.php?id1=1001&id2=1121&uaction=1

Not really Eastern England as in East Anglia, unless you mean the East side of England :dontknow:
The Coritani (Corieltauvi) Tribe's influence stretched from modern Leicestershire up through Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and into South Yorkshire. So your find is outside the Tribal boundries, this does of course happen, as I got a similar one below & so did Shaun7 (his was solid, mine was plated):
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,356228.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,265606.0.html
Yes l mean the east side of England, it was found in South Lincolnshire, makes it my 5th in 35 years (3 staters and 1 quarter , the others found in Cambs.) Still waiting for my Gold Roman and my Gold Hammered though.
 
john hutchison said:
CRUSADER said:
john hutchison said:
Nutriasub said:
I would love to see a better cleaned picture!

Great find, congratulations big time!
Sorry but the coins core is badly corroded and wont clean up any better without spoiling the remaining gold, lt's catch22 . however the coin is supposed to be from Eastern England a "South Ferriby" type this is a fairly close match or thereabouts of the gold one.
http://www.nigelmills.net/index.php?id1=1001&id2=1121&uaction=1

Not really Eastern England as in East Anglia, unless you mean the East side of England :dontknow:
The Coritani (Corieltauvi) Tribe's influence stretched from modern Leicestershire up through Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and into South Yorkshire. So your find is outside the Tribal boundries, this does of course happen, as I got a similar one below & so did Shaun7 (his was solid, mine was plated):
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,356228.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,265606.0.html
Yes l mean the east side of England, it was found in South Lincolnshire, makes it my 5th in 35 years (3 staters and 1 quarter , the others found in Cambs.) Still waiting for my Gold Roman and my Gold Hammered though.

that is a good total for 35 Years, took me 25 to get my first & then I opened the flood gates.
Gold Roman is right up there on the top 5 your me, the hammered I have (only 1, & Dad 1 as well) :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom