Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all.... Some or maybe many don't know me. But for the last 3 years I've built and donated many hand build built toy boxes in my daughters and grandson's name. This year I built 31 and all are out now to needy children or families. This brings the total now to 117 after 4 years. My biggest supporter was my late wife Miss Bonnie who passed in May. And for this year only I have included my late wife's name along with my Daughter's and Grandson's name upon the memorial plates attached to each. I haven't posted much on this site for awhile because my mind just isn't into it and/or has been altered. I know I'm NOT the 1st person to loose a child, grandchild or a wife. But for those who have and/or know what I've done the previous 3 years will understand concerning the toy boxes.

I truly wish all A TRULY MERRY CHRISTMAS.... Brad Lewis

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brad,

I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas.

May God Bless you.

Doc

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
A belated Merry Christmas, Brad. What you are doing sorta makes you feel like Santa, doesn't it? I use to make wooden toys for the same purpose, and it really does give you a boost in spirit. THANK YOU for your kindness and generosity. Best wishes for the New Year!

PS: I would like to make a donation to the cause, too, Brad as I know it isn't cheap building those wonderful toy boxes. If you would accept a donation from me, please forward you mailing address and I will get one in the mail.

Last edited:

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you Brad. Hand making small treasures for others is truly nice for all. I’m sure it’s every much as good for you as the ones who receive. Do you have any photos of them?

I make children’s chairs out of rustic wood. Driftwood, old redwood fence posts, trees that have fallen on the highway along which I work, etc. Here’s one I made from driftwood I collected along a local river while prospecting for gold.
64F8AFC4-52D9-4015-A2EC-DE7E7FB1210A.jpeg

All the the best to you Brad,
Mike

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
https://fox17.com/news/local/mid-state-man-builds-toy-boxes-to-honor-daughter-grandson

Here is this years local coverage of year 4. But for some reason this year it went all across the USA. I received calls from NY, FL, CA, MI and many many others. I'll try and continue for as long as I can. For those who offer to help me financially THANK YOU very much but for now it is covered. I only do this on a hobby basis and have now sold about 400 of them locally. While I have had customers from 7 different states now I don't ship because I don't run this as a business. I don't require selling these for a living but I do enjoy now making them and seeing people happy receiving them. I pulled my single ad from Nashville craigslist in April this year when Miss Bonnie was struggling. And I have not re-posted it yet. I didn't even start on the 31 donated TOY BOXES for this Christmas till Sept. 1st. But I worked my ass off getting them done and even squeezed in 10 more for past customers. Thanks all for your support.... Brad

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wishing you a late Merry Christmas limitool, like i said before your a great man, if you ever in need for materials give me a holler.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread