What's new

I thought this ring was fake.

mike b

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
538
Reaction score
2,867
Golden Thread
0
Location
STATEN ISLAND NY
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was wading today at a beach I've never done well at but decided to go after the 4Th of July weekend. The water was very rough. my sunglasses were covered with salt water, and I couldn't see the display on the Deus. When I first saw the ring, I thought the color was off and just put it in the pouch thinking it was plated. When I got home, I saw the 21K stamp and almost fell down. Its 5.2 G. I've found 9-10-14-18 and even a monster 24k ring, but no 22k yet. I've never heard of 21.
 

Attachments

  • 21K 2.webp
    21K 2.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 381
  • 21K 1.webp
    21K 1.webp
    202.4 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 45
Great find. The 21K standard is sometimes referred to as 'Arabian Gold' since it's a favoured standard in the Middle East (also in India).

Although the gold is likely good, the ring itself is a fake... it's a knock-off copy of one of Christian Dior's signature rings (hence the CD monogram).
 
Great find. The 21K standard is sometimes referred to as 'Arabian Gold' since it's a favoured standard in the Middle East (also in India).

Although the gold is likely good, the ring itself is a fake... it's a knock-off copy of one of Christian Dior's signature rings (hence the CD monogram).
I just thought it was someone's initials. I have to look into that. Thanks
 
^Nice find Mike ! What i would do is get a small clear glass jar or medicine bottle with a cap, & mix up some heavy-duty salt water, and let the ring soak in it for a few weeks. (shake often) I did that with a honker that I found one time & was suspicious of & it started to discolor very quickly. It was a fake. 21K should hold up nicely if it's real. Good luck !
 
Your initial thoughts of it being fake may be more on point than you think.
Should be tested... looks off in color to me... NOW... that could just be the picture.
Also... those laser marks are now common... but they are really common on suspect fake jewelry.
This should be tested before you get too happy.

The level of fake "great looking fake" jewelry has gotten crazy good.
PS... and also...... if that were any "maker" ring ... it would not be marked like that... simply that is.
 
Last edited:
A great find - well done !
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Your initial thoughts of it being fake may be more on point than you think.
Should be tested... looks off in color to me... NOW... that could just be the picture.
Also... those laser marks are now common... but they are really common on suspect fake jewelry.
This should be tested before you get too happy.

The level of fake "great looking fake" jewelry has gotten crazy good.
PS... and also...... if that were any "maker" ring ... it would not be marked like that... simply that is.
For me its that applied to the surface 21K lazer mark. I've seen others like it on high-end brands like Cartier, Tiffany and in this case Christian Dior which are Chinese made to deceive knock-offs, which IMO were specifically produced to market to the generation in which time these copies were mostly produced.
 

Attachments

  • 1_gufrTxAjkpTz6rjAWf3GYQ.webp
    1_gufrTxAjkpTz6rjAWf3GYQ.webp
    33.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Your initial thoughts of it being fake may be more on point than you think.
Should be tested... looks off in color to me... NOW... that could just be the picture.
Also... those laser marks are now common... but they are really common on suspect fake jewelry.
This should be tested before you get too happy.

The level of fake "great looking fake" jewelry has gotten crazy good.
PS... and also...... if that were any "maker" ring ... it would not be marked like that... simply that is.
I'm going to get back to everyone later about this ring when I have an answer. Thanks for everyone's input.
 
I'm going to get back to everyone later about this ring when I have an answer. Thanks for everyone's input.
Please do.
It helps the thread and forum in general to have "answers" to the items that are in limbo or questionable.
 
I was wading today at a beach I've never done well at but decided to go after the 4Th of July weekend. The water was very rough. my sunglasses were covered with salt water, and I couldn't see the display on the Deus. When I first saw the ring, I thought the color was off and just put it in the pouch thinking it was plated. When I got home, I saw the 21K stamp and almost fell down. Its 5.2 G. I've found 9-10-14-18 and even a monster 24k ring, but no 22k yet. I've never heard of 21.
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom