What's new

24 Rev War Musketball type of day!

Eagle101

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
396
Reaction score
832
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out yesterday my my detecting buddy and had a great time. It started out pretty slow. I found 2 British musketballs and a buckle the first 3 hours. So we decided to hit another spot and it turned out to be virgin territory. I found 22 musketballs and my friend found 15 along with a very nice flat button(could be a regiment button) and a piece to a compass. So in total we found 39 musketballs in 8 hours. The spot we detected was part a major battle. There were French, American, British and Hessian all in the area we were in.
 

Attachments

  • 1459082781869.webp
    1459082781869.webp
    136.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 1459082802282.webp
    1459082802282.webp
    75.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 1459082847182.webp
    1459082847182.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 1459082860951.webp
    1459082860951.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 20
Great finds, I grew up in Western Cranston, moved in 1982, wish I had a detector back then. There were a number of places I would have loved to check out before the urban sprawl.
 
That would've been a great spot to hit years ago. There's still some good spots there to hit.
 
That is epic!
 
That's amazing!!
 
So the total count is 2 British, 7 Hessian, 10 French, 3 American and 1 .52 caliber...
 
There are a lot of hardcore CW hunters that haven't found that many 3-ringers in a day. To find that much Rev War lead in a day is phenomenal. This is Banner worthy IMO. My vote is in.
 
That's a lotta balls
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom