29-06-2010/ return in the fields where wheat is not planted....

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello friends! This afternoon returned to the wheat fields where wheat is not planted :wink: , are the same as the last hunt turned out to be a little better than I thought. I was just chasing away the hot zone, these fields are now my salvation as all other areas are planted or to the ground very hard and dry. :icon_sunny: 8)
The silver medal is the biggest I have hunt :laughing9: . A bronze bell, Two Military buttons with the arms of Spain, a head of woman with hair curls (19th century all but one little piece of hairpin Romana or Medieval and currency, 1927.)
Greetings! :hello:

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 614
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 607
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 608
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 605
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 607
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 594
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 594
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 581
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 593
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 600
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 589
Upvote 0
Great finds man! :notworthy: What would be the symbolic nature of the medal? Religion, Fraternal Order?
Love the metal head with the womans hair . . . I wonder what that's from? :icon_scratch:

Oshawaman said:
Great finds man! :notworthy: What would be the symbolic nature of the medal? Religion, Fraternal Order?
Love the metal head with the womans hair . . . I wonder what that's from? :icon_scratch:

Hello Oshawaman, wellcome to T.net ! :hello:
Large Silver Medal is religious, you see the Virgin Mary (Mother of Jesus) in heaven with the angels around and this one foot treading the devil (you can see the horns on the bottom) I agree .... the Women bronze head is the best find of today ...... the subject of female beauty and hair with curls is the spirit of the 19th century to 100%. :thumbsup:

you got some nice finds! I like the religious medal. congrats

cntrydncr1 said:
you got some nice finds! I like the religious medal. congrats
I Hunt many religious Medals and I do not importance (this if , is the biggest and most beautiful).

Thank you for looking cntrydncr1 . :thumbsup:

Hispan , Love the religious medal - can you show the back ? is it hallmarked - is it solid silver
as far as you can tell ? Please more info and pics ! Argentium.

Argentium said:
Hispan , Love the religious medal - can you show the back ? is it hallmarked - is it solid silver
as far as you can tell ? Please more info and pics ! Argentium.

Not as measured in inches ( meter is used here) and measures 39 milimeter por 35 milimeter ...
is large and solid silver, has nothing registered.
I have another that looks like a lot, also of the 19th century .... I show .
Greetings!

Attachments

• fsfsafss 022.JPG
    fsfsafss 022.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 466
  • fsfsafss 020.JPG
    fsfsafss 020.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 471
  • fsfsafss 022.JPG
    fsfsafss 022.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 455
  • fsfsafss 020.JPG
    fsfsafss 020.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 465
That medal is one of the nicest I've seen here, Kudos!
Could the degraded coin be counterfeit?
Carl

Great finds :icon_thumleft: the curl hair head is beautiful tomorrow the heat ends here only mid 70,s ill be in the field :thumbsup: Good hunt Dd60

HISPAN said:
Oshawaman said:

Hello Oshawaman, wellcome to T.net ! :hello:
Large Silver Medal is religious, you see the Virgin Mary (Mother of Jesus) in heaven with the angels around and this one foot treading the devil (you can see the horns on the bottom) I agree .... the Women bronze head is the best find of today ...... the subject of female beauty and hair with curls is the spirit of the 19th century to 100%. :thumbsup:

Hello Hispan, thank you very much for the welcome, you are the first person to do so after 28 posts. :icon_sunny: I thought the silver medal might have a religious element to it . . . but you never know. You're so lucky to have such a rich and varied history in your country, as is evident in the Roman artifacts you uncover. My country is very young compared to Europe and I can only dream of the type of finds that you seem to get everytime you turn on your detector :notworthy:. I very much enjoy reading your posts and seeing what you've discovered following your hunts. May I wish you the best of luck in your hunts :icon_thumright: this year. David

CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
That medal is one of the nicest I've seen here, Kudos!
Could the degraded coin be counterfeit?
Carl

They are poor in silver , five pesetas of 1870 ... all are found in poor condition because of its low in silver and fertilizers in the fields (like butter) . Never found one of these coins good condition. (only of a one peseta coins are in good condition) :dontknow:
greetings.

Attachments

• 3877g.jpg
    3877g.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 332

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back