2nd Barber half for 2019, off to a good start

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of frost in the ground, so I was heading across some flattened weeds to get to the woods to detect. Off course, I got a good 12-46 reading on my CTX3030,right where the frost was heavy in the field. 3-4 inches of heavy frost and 10 min. later, I finally pulled the plug.. in the dirt was a blacked Barber half dollar 1907 S.... Had to clean it with electrolysis and salt water. Also found an ox knob.

2-12-19.png

2-12-19-1.png

2-12-19-4.png

Attachments

• 2-12-19-1.png
    2-12-19-1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
  • 2-12-19-3.png
    2-12-19-3.png
    886.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 39
Nice saves, the Barber has some nice detail and cleaned up nice. Congratulations on the saves

WOW! 2 barber halves already this year! Fantastic! Cleaned up nice for sure. When you said electrolysis and salt water I figured it would be an ugly coin. NOT!

You're off to a good start. I haven't even found a silver coin yet this year. Glad you didn't nick it in the frozen tundra.

Great finds were still frozen rrrr its gonna be a good year my friend Tommy

Nice silver half. A Barber Half has eluded my coil and you have found 2 in a month. Congrats!

Nice looking Barber half! :occasion14:

Keep it up!! Nice silver!!

Wow bass, that cleaned up nice! Heck ya you’re off to a hot start. We just got hit by about a foot of snow so I’m currently waiting for some warmer weather. Good luck out there!

Washingtonian, thanks buddy.... I was suppose to get 6-8", but, ended up with about 4" then hail on top... doesn't look it will melt for quite a while. basss

Tell me about your electrolysis setup. Salt water, and what is your donor metal? How much voltage? I can't believe how nice that coin came out, considering what it looked like going in. Thanks, Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back