2nd day out, Horse monument is a bust.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the F75 out for a spin to check a old hole. The area around the horse monument wont allow the detector to hold a ground balance. But it was a beautiful day, lots of wind and sunshine and few pretty white clouds to make for some great pictures. One cloud had Rangler in it, whoo hoo.

horserock.JPG The horse, the heart, the owl, a hoyo.

horsehead.jpg I found two horse heads on the ground not far from the monument. Interesting.

dt2.jpg A very visible death trap on monument also.

hoyo.JPG A hoyo, on the monument.

ancient rock.jpg This is a set of marked up rocks one of the horse heads looks at. The cloud to the right has Rangler in it lol.

Ok, I apologize to Rangler and the cloud thing. My point is this monument along with the horse monument has several marks that confirm it is Spanish. I don't know if any of the signs fits the supposed list. This is what is used here. The horse heads are directionals. I need to figure out distance on them so I can pin point what they want me to see.

There is a handful of monuments like this in this area. I have worked this area for about 6 months, Im about to move on where it sends me.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Casca, if it would be my guess and after reading others post and C. Kenworthys book they had a Royal Trail in and out, in had a hoyo as a starting point, then there would be a Royal Trail out, the end which I believe would be at the start near the end of the trail and would be a profile of a nose and an eye which would continue out, then I beliefe that the theory is that there may be one trail for the animals in and out, one for the men in and out, I don't think they would be that far away from each other, terain would dictate how far, I believed that they did not venture far from water. Theres a map that has been recently posted and will give a lot of information to keep a copy and make notes. Twisted Fork has really impressed with his theory / information

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, if it would be my guess and after reading others post and C. Kenworthys book they had a Royal Trail in and out, in had a hoyo as a starting point, then there would be a Royal Trail out, the end which I believe would be at the start near the end of the trail and would be a profile of a nose and an eye which would continue out, then I beliefe that the theory is that there may be one trail for the animals in and out, one for the men in and out, I don't think they would be that far away from each other, terain would dictate how far, I believed that they did not venture far from water. Theres a map that has been recently posted and will give a lot of information to keep a copy and make notes. Twisted Fork has really impressed with his theory / information

Yes I found a second hoyo and it lead to a small v notch. I have yet to explore. I do think your right about several trails here. I dont know what the eye looks like. But have explored a large area here.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any photos of the marks on the rocks?

I can show some of the horse monument. As for the other rocks, I worked them up, but will need to look or get new pictures. Check this thread today as I may add more as I find it.

Here is another angle of the horse monument, but not the signs. I will keep looking.
horse iv.jpg priest.jpg The priest circled here is in the rock outcropping in the distance of the first photo. You will also see hearts and stuff if you zoom in on outcropping in first picture.

I have worked up the rock outcropping also. The next three pictures is two areas needing deciphered, and one view from the rock outcropping. You may now understand why I just dont post random signs anymore. Still looking for my close ups of the horse monument.

rockoutcropping.jpg rock outcropping2.jpg viewfromrockoutcropping.jpg

Here is the mark up of the horse monument I wanted to show you. Horse2.JPG

Horse, turtle, owl, and there is a heart here some where. Arent you glad I didnt up load any videos?

I have a thread already started with a bunch of pictures that relate to this site also: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-marks-signs/323142-spanish-trail-sign-2.html

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca:
There are several good things in these photos and I marked some up. They won't be necessarily in order, but you'll recognize them all.

First, your monument. The yellow linework is for the 2 faces. The large one on the left looks like it might be the beautiful lady in the right circle. Queen-like, maybe a princess.
The white circles are around some different areas with letters and other symbols.

That black circle is around another face that looks like an unwrapped mummy.....complete with the 3 or 4 white teeth. And is that your guardian spirit in the red circle??

horserock--Casca.JPG

In this next pic, does that rounded area look enough like a compass rose to give the message that a course line is on top of that upper stone??

rockoutcropping--Casca.jpg

This next photo has Martha kissing George on his nose. Is that distant peak on the left, in the blue box, one of your pyramids? That blue box on the far right looks like one of the mountain ridge carvings shown in Kenworthy's book, including that tiny notch in the bottom of the left large notch. The upper white circle is around a heart and the lower one is a human face. That small yellow circle at ground level kinda looks like a small bird with a symbol on lt's chest.

priestwithGeorgeandMartha--Casca.jpg

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You notice the kenworthy monuments also. Its my nest stop. The compass rock does indeed point to a area, Im still not done searching so I will leave it alone. Top of that rock out cropping is flat and may have been used for other things.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca:
This photo, has a lot of stuff, too. That small yellow circle on the left end, is around what looks like some light numters in a black background.

That large, yellow outline is Martha, again, either whispering in someone's ear, OR she's watching somebody or something doing something down below.

The lower yellow outline is around a profile of what looks like maybe Aztecian man with a rounded, poochy face.

The lowest black circle is around a black bird, standing on the ground looking up at an upside down black triangle with a white upside down "V".

The black outline just above the bird is around a black ox head profile looking toward the right.

Next, the very topmost yellow circle is around a wide nosed face, maybe a turtle head, with what looks like a raised, carved "A".

The large, yellow outline, bottom centered, is around a turtle's head, facing toward the camera. There's a "V" on his chin; and below his head is an incised pyramid shape, with a black "X" almost at the ground.

The white outline is around what I FIRST thought was a doorway outline, but the more I stared at it, the face began to "come out". Just enlarge to 200 percent and sit back and relax and he'll appear. Must be pretty weather-worn. His eyes are looking right at you and some small, black letters are at it's mouth.

The next yellow circle to the right is around some black figures. Maybe a rabbit's face or.....plus, a heavy black line with a black "o" on each end. Then, something I can't quite make out.....maybe a line drawing of a horse head profile??

The black circle looks like a peacock walking towards the left with his tail feathers laid low.....he is not alarmed nor trying to mate.

In the next yellow circle, I'm not sure what that raised up head is.....maybe a snake ?? Looks like a large "4 - 5" on it's chest. Then, a large black heart inside a black circle. And don't pay any attention to that large yellow circle on the right side. I scribbled it out with a red line. Would have deleted it, but it was the first line drawn and by the time I realized that it probably isn't an elephant.....I'd drawn a lot more linework and didn't want to redo everything. Just lazy. LOL

ancient rock--Casca.jpg

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These rocks here are in such bad shape its hard to say what was on them. Water might bring something out. Just can visit when it rains, I would be stuck there till it dried out lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread