rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another go at that 1700's road and cellar holes but no luck. I'm going to be patient as i am the only guy he's let out there to MD so i know the good stuff will come. I only get one more go at it before hunting season and he doesn't want me out there spooking the deer or getting shot by mistake. I'm cool with that(especially the second part:laughing7:) With well over 300 acres of mountains to choose from, it looks like my next MD'ing season is all planned out for me. I took some pics of this property but they really do not do it justice. Also the gross of nails i came out with. There is one thing that looks like a fishing net but i know it is not. Any ideas what it is?

Attachments

• IMAG0617.jpg
    IMAG0617.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
  • IMAG0606.jpg
    IMAG0606.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
  • IMAG0607.jpg
    IMAG0607.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0608.jpg
    IMAG0608.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 108
  • IMAG0609.jpg
    IMAG0609.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
  • IMAG0610.jpg
    IMAG0610.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
  • IMAG0611_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG0611_BURST002.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
Upvote 6
Some nice looking spots for sure. Good luck! :)

Whether yo find anything or not that view made it all worth while.
Beautiful site!

Yup, be patient. The good stuff is waiting!

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

Whatever is there, is yours for the taking!

Thanks for the votes of confidence. You're right, that view is amazing and i had to hike a long way up to get that shot but i just knew i had to do it...lol. Oct. 16th is going to be my last trip there till spring but it's going to be a 12 hour hunt and i am very optimistic. There are still many cellar holes, old wells and crumbled foundation that i have not even gotten to yet but as i said before, i'm just not sure the 250 is up to this task. In any event, i will love being out there knowing that people, 300 years ago, used to call it home and walk the same paths that i will be walking. Just boggles the mind. I will be sure to get some more amazing, fall photos. Good luck to you all and thank you for looking. HH!

Beautifull place to hunt you have there, maybe the small net is a butterfly net. Good luck on your adventure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back