What's new

3 boxes of dimes

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to give dimes a try after seeing some nice finds here. Between yesterday and today, went thru 3 boxes. Found a merc in each box and 5 in the 2nd box.Also found a Austrian 1954 2 gruschen in there.10 silver dimes total. Is that about average?HH-MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3085.webp
    DSCN3085.webp
    75.5 KB · Views: 446
Upvote 0
WOW, thats way above my avg, I only get about 2 per box and I have never found a merc yet at CRH.
 
That's Awesome. I did a box yesterday. Skunk. Ya did good :thumbsup:

The Trezurhunter.
 
mountainman 2 said:
I decided to give dimes a try after seeing some nice finds here. Between yesterday and today, went thru 3 boxes. Found a merc in each box and 5 in the 2nd box.Also found a Austrian 1954 2 gruschen in there.10 silver dimes total. Is that about average?HH-MM2
LOl! MM2, that's above avg on those winged liberties! Nice little haul, my avg on mercs is about 1 per $800 searched, although I have had boxes with more than one. Good job!
 
I'm going to just guess here, But I'm going to say you will keep searching dimes now!
 
lol, I have not had more than 1 dime per box since starting dimes!
 
Good score there - way above average on the mercs. My best was two from one roll via machine rolled. Pulled three that day but I only grabbed $100 from the teller and was already miles away when I realized that I should have grabbed every roll she had. I will often grab $100 in dimes when I'm on the road and they don't have halves - I don't search a ton of dimes but am down to 15 needed to complete the Roosevelt silver collection! I've only found two this month but maybe it is time to hit them a bit.

Maine_Jim
 
Out of 24 boxes of dimes, so far I've found 113 dimes, 3 being Mercs and 2 Canadian 80%'ers. Average per box is 4.71, but I had that dream box that accounts for 63 of the Rosies. Without the dream box my average is just above 2 per box.

So those three boxes you got were hella good :) Congrats!
 
wow...way to kill those dimes....thats a lot of mercs for what you searched...i have found 3 so far this year :thumbsup:
 
Great boxes, I usuially get 3 silver's per box and only once have I got 2 Merc's from 1 box. Great job, congrats!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Excellent score and way above average.

I'd say you are hooked and spoiled.

Your now gonna expect 1 - 5 Merc's per box, every time......... Not gonna happen.


Mojo
 
nice boxes.
wish those merc totals were thr norm
 
Great mercs... Wow I have yet to find one in a dime box. Ofcourse I do mostly halves.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom