3 generations of silver dimes and other things

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Spent 2 hours Friday evening and about 5 hours today hunting the area I call the Meadows. After jumping around all over the fields trying to find some other hot spots and only coming up with about 5 pennies, some marbles and a piece of play money, I headed back to the hot area where most of the finds had been made. This time I went real slow and let the Explorer do its stuff. And it worked very well. Most of the stuff was right on top or an inch or 2 deep, except for a big silver ID bracelet that was about 6 inches. It was tough to get to because the ground is so hard right now.

3 generations of silver dimes. The Roosie was found last night, the Barber and Merc were found today.
todaysmeadows 002.JPGtodaysmeadows 003.JPG

Here's a big, heavy ID bracelet. It's nameless, but it's marked Sterling. Also, a thimble, which appears to be silver, but unmarked.
todaysmeadows 001.JPG

Another pile of wheaties, 31 in all, and the oldest is a 1910.
todaysmeadows 007.JPG

A 1920 Buffalo nickel and 4 Indian heads (1883, 1907 and two 1901's).
todaysmeadows 008.JPGtodaysmeadows 009.JPG

Mazuma play money, featuring Admiral Dewey:
todaysmeadows 005.JPGtodaysmeadows 006.JPG

A cute little pin with a flower engraved inside:
todaysmeadows 010.JPG

Also found were 2 clad dimes and 4 memorial pennies.

Upvote 0
Awsome collection of finds!

Fantastic hunt! The Meadows sounds like the perfect place to detect.

Congratulations on all the coins and that bracelet!

Ridley

Now that's what I call a fun hunt. Very nice array of goodies. The Meadows needs to get hammered. Good luck on the future hunts and keep us posted.
HH, Mike in NJ

Some nice classic early American coins, that's a great days hunt right there.

Great! With that kind of variety, you might find many more; I'll be curious to see what else you find.

You have yourself a real sweet spot,I would be hitting that site every chance I could.

I'll say you had a relly great day detecting.wish i could find me a hot spot like that.good luck.

Wow..great job!

Fantastic location and finds Bob. I can't believe you are digging in this concrete. I live not far from you and I'm hunting all I can in south Jersey right now. Beaches, lakes, sandy soil and tot lots. I can't wait for some rain so I can hunt close to home again!

The ground is so hard here in KY I have not even thought of detecting for the last few weeks. When its like work digging a target its not much fun to me. >:( >:(

KFB

Great finds! I especially like the pin- my grandmother had something similar that she called her "intaglio" broach. Yours has some nice ornamentation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back