What's new

3 Knights 2.5" Brass plated stamped badge

warknight

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
CNY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
3 Knights 2.5" Brass plated stamped badge

Please help me ID this relic find. Brass plated stamped badge with 3 knight on it. Found today. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1496.webp
    IMG_1496.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1497.webp
    IMG_1497.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 225
Re: 3 Knights 2.5" Brass plated stamped badge

Nothing? seriously. Wow what a mystery!
 
Upvote 0
Re: 3 Knights 2.5" Brass plated stamped badge

Welcome to T-Net warknight. :icon_thumright:



I adjusted the size of your photos for easier viewing. Someone will come along with an idea on your item. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: 3 Knights 2.5" Brass plated stamped badge

I didn't see this the first time ;D Maybe this?

http://www.treasurenet.com/westeast/199907/askmarkparker/

2.gif


ROAD WARRIORSAsk Mark Parker Image 2

Q. While metal detecting at an 1830s homesite in northeast Georgia, I found this stamped brass disk picturing three helmeted men (Roman soldiers?) wearing mail vests. The metal shows traces of gilt, and on the back are two attachment points. Can you identify it?

A. Yep... finally. At first glance, it looks like a bridle rosette: right size, bold design, evidence of a wire loop on the reverse, etc. Wrong. Some weeks after receiving your letter, I was thumbing through a well-known Civil War relics reference and noticed a slightly larger example- 2-3/8", with rivet holes at the rim, but otherwise of identical design- listed as a "C. S. breast plate." Wrong again. Convinced that 'way back there somewhere I'd seen this thing before, and that it was not Civil War related, I began randomly trolling through commercial logo archives; and for once I not only didn't hit a snag but actually snagged what I was looking for. What you've got is an emblem from an automobile, or some component thereof, made by the Graham-Paige Motors Corp. of Dearborn, Michigan. This "Graham" trademark was first used on December 31, 1929, and the company ceased operating in 1941. And the value? Well, one source prices a Graham-Paige multicolor enameled emblem of the same size at $80 in near-mint condition. I doubt that a worn, gilt brass one found in the ground would fetch half as much.
 
Upvote 0
Re: 3 Knights 2.5" Brass plated stamped badge

WTG Bramblefind! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: 3 Knights 2.5" Brass plated stamped badge

Excellent ID Bramble. :thumbsup:

By the look of the helmets i'd say they were French based. They remind me of those world war 2 posters (variations in all countries) extolling joining army/navy/airforce.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom