What's new

3 LCs and some kind of cover with an eagle?

Helix

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
1,316
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not been out detecting much lately but figured I would get back to one of my early 1800's sites today. Dug three lc's first looks like 1823? second is 1827 and third is 30. Two were about 4' apart and third was about 30 yards away. Finding 3 at on time was sure a first for me. Found a two piece eagle button, if anyone knows a rough date on it? Other interesting item is this disc with eagle. What is it? I figure if its military related or something special someone should know what its is. DSC00173.webp DSC00178.webp DSC00177.webp DSC00180.webp DSC00181.webp DSC00182.webp DSC00183.webp
 
Upvote 34
Holy Moly sweet finds Id love those in my collection!!!Good job!!
 
The eagle piece looks like it could be a broken buckle, you know, the tongue part?.... Nice LC's too....
 
The eagle piece looks like it could be a broken buckle, you know, the tongue part?.... Nice LC's too....

Wow a belt buckle part would be neat! Its much thinner then a coin, that's what made me think it was some kind of cover? Looks like it might of had a hinge on the one end.
 
Really nice hunt. I can't help you with the eagle piece but I like 'em all.
 
Looks a lot like this one...second row, far left...
pbucklepg2.gif

Civil war sword belt plate according to this sitehttps://fcsutler.com/fcbuckles.asp

I may be wrong, but it looks very close. Yours looks a little small to be a belt or sword plate though?
 
man you killed it.
 
Congrats on the coppers and other nice finds
 
Hey, great finds with the Braided, and they actually look like they have a good amount of detail remaining...

As far as the eagle, I'm not convinced it's a tongue and wreath buckle. It looks too thin from the pics. From the eagle alone I would push the date to around c. 1900.

Great hunt
 
Great saves bud, nice work getting out there!
 
Three Large Cents in one outing would be a great hunt for me. Nice job.
 
Sweet! Congrats!
 
Congratualtions on the Great old copper and relic recoveries! :occasion14:
 
That eagle is probably from a sash buckle. Those were mostly thin and not really manufactured for hard war service like cast brass two piece plates.
 
Hey, great finds with the Braided, and they actually look like they have a good amount of detail remaining...

As far as the eagle, I'm not convinced it's a tongue and wreath buckle. It looks too thin from the pics. From the eagle alone I would push the date to around c. 1900.

Great hunt

Yes I posted the eagle disc in (what is it) and they were thinking some type of buckle also. I will agree it seems too thin and flimsy for a belt buckle. Either way this afternoon I hope to get back out to same spot. Same general area we pulled two Spanish reales earlier in the year. I like the merc I found don't get me wrong but it sure would be nice to find the silver counter parts to the LCs.
 
Multiple LC's in one day is fantastic. Love the buttons too. No clue on the Eagle disk, but congrats on some great finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom