What's new

3 Ring and a braclet weekend

Mr.Excavator

Full Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Messages
199
Reaction score
192
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not been out in a while, but was able to get out this weekend spent 4 hours saturday and 5 hours sunday. Saturday my wife found a 10k 3.4g gold with 12 tiny diamonds. I found a .925 silver Ornate ring 5.8g very detailed then an hour later I found a .925 silver charm bracelet 15.8g (COOL).
Sunday was a little slower within the 3rd scoop I found a 10k 13 tiny diamond 4.3g ring it sounded like gold, looks like white gold stamped 10k. The wife found some RayBan sunglasses.

I spent a couple of hours cleaning the silver and gold rings they were encrusted pretty heavily. I still have to do the braclet. We also found some junk jewelry and about 200 coins $10-12 worth. They are being tumbled now. 3 pairs of sunglasses amongst other stuff.
 

Attachments

  • ring1.webp
    ring1.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 184
  • ring2.webp
    ring2.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 160
  • ring3.webp
    ring3.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
That's great you guys go out together.... you had some very good finds.

Can't beat gold and diamonds :)
 
Real nice finds there, Mr. Excavator:icon_thumright:

I like that ornate silver ring in the pic to the right

Lorraine
 
nice, what do you use as a cleaning agent in your tumbler?
 
Looks like a great day of detecting wtg
 
Great way to spend a weekend. Congratulations to you and your wife.
 
Cool finds. Glad your beach is opening up. More NE winds this week!!
 
nice, what do you use as a cleaning agent in your tumbler?

I just do electryolsis until encrusted stuff is off, rub with baking soda to polish up then buff clean.

On coins, I add a handful of river rocks with warm salt water that is it.
 
Cool finds. Glad your beach is opening up. More NE winds this week!!

I know, it is starting to give up some of the old stuff the past month. Hopefully it will keep coming.
 
You two got some really nice rings...congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom