3 ringer and whatisits

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
went down the block across from the fair grounds where I found my buckle back a couple months ago, only had a hour or so to burn. Found the 3 ringer almost on top of the ground, it is smaller than a 69 cal, so what cal is it? it measures a little over a half inch. also found a couple Idontnos, the round thing looks alot like another I found a couple of months ago in the same area, but i cant find the other one right now. The other deal looks like it was cast brass or something else that is real heavy. Any help on there ID would be great. Thanks for looking, wasn't a hole bunch but its better than what I been digging the last few times I been out. Sometimes you hit it, sometimes you hit sh=t. :o HH JYD

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 391
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 390
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 386
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 386
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 386
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look's like maybe a .58,.54's you can almost right away.....The little round thing is a "grommet".....The big round thing almost look's like a handle to some kind of old valve maybe,don't know?Cool Dig's and Congrat's on the 3 Ringer!!! :thumbsup:

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Very cool finds, Is the bottom of the 3 ringer solid.From the pic it looks almost like a Williams Cleaner.It looks like the bottom groove is a deep groove.Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Nice digs JYD - you definitely got some sweet places to hunt... :thumbsup:

Your "whatsit" is an old furniture caster wheel. The round thing was the wheel part that attached to the other big piece. There should be a hole on the side (top) that goes all the way through - that's where the pin on the piece of furniture would have slid into it. Hope that helps... :wink:

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Way to go "jyd". Nice finds. The bullet looks like a .54 or .58 cal muzzleloader
bullet. However, I could be wrong. You had a good short day.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
DD-777 said:
Your "whatsit" is an old furniture caster wheel. The round thing was the wheel part that attached to the other big piece. There should be a hole on the side (top) that goes all the way through - that's where the pin on the piece of furniture would have slid into it. Hope that helps... :wink:

I was going to guess a wheel from a toy electric train locomotive. DD-777 is probably right.

Nice finds!

OP
OP
JUNKYARD DOG

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Hey thanks to all for the responses, I added another couple of pictures of the bullet fortball9, it has been smashed a little,I think thats why the bottom groove looks deeper. HH ;
fortbball9 said:
Very cool finds, Is the bottom of the 3 ringer solid.From the pic it looks almost like a Williams Cleaner.It looks like the bottom groove is a deep groove.Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 215

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like your Round Thingy and your Heavy Thingy go together as one piece. I unfortunately have no idea what it is. :-\

Nice minieball find. :thumbsup:

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
O.K. that isn't a Williams Cleaner the new pic shows it better.Thanks
But still a very nice find.Congrats!!!!!

fortbball9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread