What's new

3 silvers and a Big copper.

CurtMetDet

Full Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2012
Messages
113
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gloucester
Detector(s) used
Garrett: ACE 250, ATPRO, Carrot.
Minelab: NOX800, GPX4500.
Not bad for 3 and a half hours at 22 degrees. The Morgan is 1880. The small silver can't read, but considering the hole it was worn as a necklace most likely. The copper has some pitchfork shapes to it. Ill be posting that on the what is it topic. The farm we are detecting has spitt out a silver cob a couple of weeks ago.
 

Attachments

  • 1455309827659.webp
    1455309827659.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 1455309865700.webp
    1455309865700.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 36
Nice finds,but the soil there did not treat them very well.
 
Good score on the silvers and your big copper is probably a British penny that would be Britannia seated holding a scepter.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Nice stuff. I have 3 barber coins. All with a hole in them. Bummer!!
 
Congratz on big silver! Those are some nice finds!
 
very nice finds
 
Drew what I could see.
 

Attachments

  • 1455313023017.webp
    1455313023017.webp
    12 KB · Views: 156
Very nice finds congrats on the silver and large copper
 
Nice finds. Congrats on what looks like a colonial copper even in rough condition. Still cool.
 
Excelent big silvers! That Morgan is very nice, I would leave it in its "dug condition" without cleaning too much as it adds character to be dirty. That mystery coin looks like a Hong Kong coin I've seen before, not sure the denomination but probably Hong Kong in origin.

Hong Kong Silver 20 Cents Coin.webp
 
Sweet I found a morgan in Michigan 25 degrees hunting in grassy area where the ground is insulated enough to dig Great find Keep posting
 
HEY THERE CURT , YOU PULLED SOME NICE FINDS FROM THE DIRT !!!!!!
 
Awesome old coin recoveries! I bet the Morgan will clean up nice. Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 
Nice finds. The small silver coins' hole was most likely to sew it in into the lining of clothes as early pants had no pockets. The good news is it may well be a reale.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom