What's new

3 what's it's

JVA5th

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2014
Messages
4,972
Reaction score
28,134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't expect two of these three to be identified as they could be just bearing or belong on the inside of any machine, the 3rd on I'm more interested in, sandblasted the rust off of it and curious what it came from. All finds when I was at a lake in Arnold California. 20200802_172133.webp20200802_172151.webp20200802_172200.webp20200802_172211.webp20200802_172229.webp20200802_172303.webp20200802_172310.webp20200802_172321.webp20200802_172815.webp
 
Thrust washer/bearing, for a boat prop,etc? Long piece could be the top of a gas tank?
 
Upvote 0
Thrust washer/bearing, for a boat prop,etc? Long piece could be the top of a gas tank?
Your guess is as good as mine on the bearing things. The area had some sort of town on it before they put the lake in where I found this stuff. I think the longer thing is some sort of gas tank cap maybe motorcycle? I was hoping someone knows off what though. I think the bearing things are going to be nearly impossible to identify but I posted them anyways as I've seen people identify things I thought impossible to identify.
 
Upvote 0
An inspection cover to a boiler, to open and inspect the flame.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
An inspection cover to a boiler, to open and inspect the flame.
Scratch that I know which item you mean the one with the screw on the top
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds! I found a tear-drop cap similiar to yours and I think its off a chevy radiator 1950s
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds! I found a tear-drop cap similiar to yours and I think its off a chevy radiator 1950s
Thank you for the information
 
Upvote 0
Is it magnetic? If not, it might be a sacrificial zinc anode from a boat. They come in a lot of shapes and sizes.anode.webp
 
Upvote 0
Not sure about the thick washer with the swirls but the washer with the two grooves is a 1909-1927 Model T differential thrust washer.
The other is a 1933 - 36 Chevy radiator cap. The first factory ones were stamped steel and later changed to die-cast. The screw was added to mount a mascot on.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1596486243.627467.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1596486263.759568.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1596486300.728131.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1596486329.062581.webp
The car looked a lot sharper with a mascot riding on the hood!
 
Upvote 0
Not sure about the thick washer with the swirls but the washer with the two grooves is a 1909-1927 Model T differential thrust washer.
The other is a 1933 - 36 Chevy radiator cap. The first factory ones were stamped steel and later changed to die-cast. The screw was added to mount a mascot on.View attachment 1853769View attachment 1853770View attachment 1853771View attachment 1853772
The car looked a lot sharper with a mascot riding on the hood!
Stellar identification don't know how you guys do it. Thank you so much. Neater then I thought they were, I thought it was junk.
 
Upvote 0
Not sure about the thick washer with the swirls but the washer with the two grooves is a 1909-1927 Model T differential thrust washer.
The other is a 1933 - 36 Chevy radiator cap. The first factory ones were stamped steel and later changed to die-cast. The screw was added to mount a mascot on.View attachment 1853769View attachment 1853770View attachment 1853771View attachment 1853772
The car looked a lot sharper with a mascot riding on the hood!
I always hold on to model T stuff have a few things now a new piece. I know probably not worth much but I like the history and even the Chevy thing I find neat. Finds I though where nothing worth while turned out to be interesting.
 
Upvote 0
My hat is off to desertexplorer. Great ID!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom