lorraine
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2010
- Messages
- 4,474
- Reaction score
- 3,764
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab GT; Sov Elite
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi
Yup, it was 20-30mph windy out there at noon with a temp of 32* ( warmed up from 30* early morning
).
I love detecting in brisk weather so off I went back to that eroded beach for a 1 1/2 hr. hunt.
As I was detecting parallel to the shoreline ,the wind was blowing the sand exposing more bottom hard surface...great conditions for hunting.
Found another "merc" ( 1945) ; a "wheatie" ( 1919...my oldest wheat find) , and an old , ornate silver ring which had the kind of tarnish that is sticky and very difficult to remove, but I tried. There is no stamping inside the ring band, but it is obviously silver.
I don't usually have silver rings professionally cleaned, but I like this one..it looks to be antique, and it fits....so I'd like to wear it sometimes.
Found the Police button in the parking lot as I was opening the trunk.
Here's some pics
Thanks again for looking at my finds.
Lorraine

Here is a link to info re: William Scully Co. for those who may be interested
http://www.rcsigs.ca/ViewMaker/1/





Yup, it was 20-30mph windy out there at noon with a temp of 32* ( warmed up from 30* early morning
). I love detecting in brisk weather so off I went back to that eroded beach for a 1 1/2 hr. hunt.
As I was detecting parallel to the shoreline ,the wind was blowing the sand exposing more bottom hard surface...great conditions for hunting.
Found another "merc" ( 1945) ; a "wheatie" ( 1919...my oldest wheat find) , and an old , ornate silver ring which had the kind of tarnish that is sticky and very difficult to remove, but I tried. There is no stamping inside the ring band, but it is obviously silver.
I don't usually have silver rings professionally cleaned, but I like this one..it looks to be antique, and it fits....so I'd like to wear it sometimes.
Found the Police button in the parking lot as I was opening the trunk.
Here's some pics
Thanks again for looking at my finds.
Lorraine

Here is a link to info re: William Scully Co. for those who may be interested
http://www.rcsigs.ca/ViewMaker/1/




Last edited:
Upvote
0











