36 RINGS SO FAR THIS YEAR (19 gold/17 silver)

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
It's been a while since I have posted, or checked out other posts. I am happy to be back.

Yes! Finally, I have cracked the code for gold rings. I've found more gold than silver so far this year. My goal is 100 rings in 2008.....silver or gold, it doesn't matter to me. I have quite a way to go to reach my goal. All of these rings have been found at local parks and lakes in my area. Rings and jewelry are my favorite things to find because I am a typical female when it comes to pretty baubles to wear.....

We have had a lot of rain this year and its covered up my usually hunting areas.....Now, that we're in the triple digits heat, my hunting spots are coming back. Woo-Hoo! I have one particular spot, that before the rains came, I found 5 rings, and that gold bracelet you see in this pic. It's a ring honey-hole. I can hardly wait for the water to recede at bit more.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• rings 001.jpg
    rings 001.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 9,514
  • rings 003.jpg
    rings 003.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 9,525
  • rings 005.jpg
    rings 005.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 9,403
  • rings 006.jpg
    rings 006.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 9,334

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
That is really an awesome display of Metal Detecting adventures! :)

I'd be curious to know just how many pulltabs, your ratio per gold item. I too dig mostly low conductivity sounds.
So, I have an inkling as to what it takes to find gold. Things such as perseverence, luck, and a ton of hard work for sure!

My hat's off to you,
GRB

OP
OP
Iskuli

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
GRB ~ You're right! For the longest time I couldn't seem to find gold. Lots of silver rings and coins, but no gold stuff. What I have found is what the seasoned md'iers on TreasureNet have shared on this forum to be true.....you have to be willing to do the work of removing the other targets...period...to get the gold. So, I have a plan I use to get my gold! When I find a new area to hunt, I grid it out first, then I hunt in high discrimination to see what coins, or silver jewelry are in it. Based on finding lots of coins and a ring or 2, I will go into little or no discrimination and do the work! I haven't found a better "trick" or fancy-smancy detector that can 100% tell the difference between a pulltab and a gold ring. Well, there you have it.

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
Incredible finds. That bracelet is worth some serious money. I can tell you b/c my wife has one very similar to it and I threaten to sell it everyday.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent job, i need sunglasses to look at the pic though ::)

HH
-GC

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Absolutely Amazing!! That's a lot of rings/jewelry!!

What's your ratio of park turf to lake finds? If I dug every low conductor in the turf where I live, I'd for sure be kicked out of my parks......"Plug City".....it would take a lifetime to dig every one just from a single large park, and I've detected over 80 parks in the past 18 months. So I simply cherry pick and hunt for the real deep old coinage, which is what I desire anyway.

You've got some work to do to get to 100 by the year end, but all those finds are fantastic so far!!

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
An Amazing sight! You've got some real beauties there. WTG :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like your generous advice which I have taken to heart.

I don't concentrate on rings particularly but am always happy to find them. Summer hunts are almost exclusively local beach in Southern California with a daily "replenishment" rate. I average about a ring a week (6 to 10 hours hunting). The dry beach is easy enough for me to dig everything. My junk to ring ratio is pretty high...guessing at about 400 to 1 (wow I'm pretty patient). But I also pick up $30 -$40 clad a week too.

I'd like to know, too, if you can estimate a junk to ring ratio for your hunts.

HH Joe

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wohoooo you go girl..... what a terrific haul, I was wondering where you have been... glad to see the ring queen is back in action. :icon_queen: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iskuli

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Well...........I found another ring today! I am posting it on "today's finds!" I hunt the water's edge. I don't hunt alot of grass covered areas because I just don't have time. I'll put a marker out to show myself where the water was the last time I hunted a particular area and then the next time I go back I hunt from that point to the water's edge. My average is about 2 rings a week when I am able to hunt. I was NOT hunting for almost 3 months this year. It's good to be able to do it again. I'll have to start tracking my trash to ring ratio. That's a great question. Thanks for looking!

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ratio! Mine was 6 gold 40 silver,with no beaches to search except one where I found a white gold ring, good job!

treasurenut

Oct 19, 2006
FL
Detector(s) used
White DFX, Minelab Excaliber II, Aquapulse
The thing I like about your rings is that they are high quality.

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
:icon_sunny:
We will have to start calling you gold finger. What a great year you have going. I'm glad someone has figured out a whites machine when it comes to gold rings. I have a mxt & have only found one & it was the first ring I found. I think it was pure luck. I have had better luck in the past three weeks using a 4"dd coil but everything I have found is copper or silver. I'm still trying to figure out mxt. (got any hints)

Keep up the good work or as I call it (play)

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One question wich detector was used for those rings? :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread