39 Round Balls in One Hole, Copper disc

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a couple hours the other day and decided to go hunt for a 1700s fort site. I walked up to the top of a steep hill with a nice flat spot on top. Got some iron signals up there but nothing significant. Then I hit a weird little signal and dug this very deep copper disc. Worst I've ever seen
image.jpg
image.jpg
Soooooooo I was left thinking that this wasn't the spot. Just not enough there. I started detecting down the hillside and got a couple of solid signals right next to eachother. Dug down and found a round ball. Stuck my propointer in and found another. Kept on checking and out they came. 39 of them in all. Not all the same size which I thought was a bit odd. I was also surprised that they weren't spread around more. They were in a fairly small area. So now I'm just not sure if I'm in the right spot or not :tongue3:
image.jpg
When I first started detecting I absolutely loved finding musket balls. Now they're just more of a wasted good signal. This "spill" was a pretty neat find though.
After this I walked to another small area with some early activity and pulled this button out of the iron
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 17

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh by the way Jay if you'd like some round balls I can pull a few out of my pail and send em out. You need any LCs or KGs? Just let me know lol.
And in goes a few more pins :-)

Come on ABE
We Know You go into a Trance and Remote View all your sites that's why you make it look easy.

Plus the Hours of walking ,Digging modern trash & research Don't hurt.

Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple of funny posts here.

I agree Abe, while I personally don't mind finding old musket balls, bullets in general don't interest me, as they are meant to be "thrown away", finding stuff people didn't meant to throw away (loose) is what I'm after.
So round balls, three ringers or what ever type of bullet , they are pretty much scrap lead. That said finding the guy's whole pouch full is def. a bit more interesting. Actually quite interesting considering the different sizes.

Best of all is this weather, and being able to hunt at all.

I did find a copper 2 days ago, but was a blank so didn't bother to post the short hunt.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

In this world everything turns to "Scrap" in the end. LOL

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know your pain, I started w a bounty hunter tracker IV , that lasted 2 months, then an ace 350, that lasted 6 months then a atpro, now I got my eyes set on my next toy, and will work extra overtime to fund it lol!

So what is the next toy you have your eyes set on? Gonna join the ranks of the proud Deus users, or are you going after the heavyweight CTX3030?

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beez, Tom says the entourage you take with you is getting out of hand... The butler, masseuse and chauffeur are just ridiculous, lol. He understands the homeless guy you hire to dig your holes though.

OD, just because Smittyman has a new truck and insists on driving that does not make him our chauffeur. And Tom never told me he was homeless, just that he liked digging my holes for me cause I'm old.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your buttons and balls Abe! :laughing7:
One day, I'm sure in our lifetimes we're going to be happy just to find a musket ball!
Sounds like you're onto a great site there my friend! :occasion14:
Dave

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OD, just because Smittyman has a new truck and insists on driving that does not make him our chauffeur. And Tom never told me he was homeless, just that he liked digging my holes for me cause I'm old.

So who is giving the massages, lol?

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So who is giving the massages, lol?

Oh George loves rubbing oil on hairy backs :laughing7: :censored: I think I just threw up in my mouth just typing that lol

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh George loves rubbing oil on hairy backs :laughing7: :censored: I think I just threw up in my mouth just typing that lol

How did you know my wife had a hairy back??? But she is very sensitive about it!!!!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you know my wife had a hairy back??? But she is very sensitive about it!!!!

Ha ha ha ha! Oh man. Well since she's my girlfriends sister I figured she had to have a furry back. When it's real cold at night here I just spoon up to that big wall of fur to warm up. First thing you look for in a girl here in Maine.... lots of warm back fur.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha ha ha! Oh man. Well since she's my girlfriends sister I figured she had to have a furry back. When it's real cold at night here I just spoon up to that big wall of fur to warm up. First thing you look for in a girl here in Maine.... lots of warm back fur.

Lol...That was even better..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions