What's new

3I/ATLAS may be nuclear-powered says scientist studying interstellar object

Scientists Offer Rational Explanations for Hubble Telescope Showing Odd Light Emitted by Interstellar Object 3I/ATLAS

There, fixed the headline for you.

There is no reason to think that 3I/ATLAS is generating its own light.

Avi Loeb’s interpretation of the Hubble Space Telescope profile data is both at odds with more reasoned scientific interpretations, as well as plain wrong. His reasoning is based on an erroneous interpretation of a plot of the surface brightness with distance from the nucleus. When surface brightness is plotted as a more informative function of logarithmic distance (published log-log data which he selectively chose to ignore), there is nothing anomalous which needs his radical speculation.

Additionally, he suggests that the low opacity of the dust means the light originates mostly from the surface of 3I/ATLAS and not as reflections from the dust surrounding it. This is also wrong. The fact that the coma is optically thin does not mean that the nucleus dominates the light. The dust has a very high surface-area-to-volume ratio, such that even a tiny amount of it can reflect far more sunlight than a massive solid object could produce. It’s perfectly consistent for the coma to be optically thin while still overwhelmingly dominating the observed brightness.
Many people just desperately want earth to be invaded. Nobody in particular.
 
I'm still 50/50 0n IF it's an Alien craft .
today was the First I saw one Revert Back to saying Comet still moving through . May have been the Only Real NASA Vid.
all the others Claim it has Exhaust, Turning around & Has Company ,
heading to Earth Etc Etc

I Didn't see anything of Anyone wanting Earth to be Invaded , Just
maybe some Fear Mongeing I Suppose. I missed the ones wanting Earth to be Invaded :dontknow:

this is the Most Laughable (no I didn't Watch this One)


Transmisssion Affirms what we All Feared 'We are Arriving'

Huh ? Who is the Message For ? area 51 ? :tongue3:
If they sent it to their own Planet it would have been in a Lanuage No one on this Planet Ever Heard before .
If it was For Someone Here It wouldn't be their First Contact.
as i'm sure the don't have a Magical Box that Translates all Languages accross the Skies. So why Fear :tongue3:

If the Reports are Real, and they get close, I Think there will be a Lot of Panic ! Especially from The War Mongers Who would already Be Planing an Attack even though it would be Stupid & Suicide.
So Maybe the Warmongers would want an Invasion.
They can Hide in their Deep Bunkers and Fight like it's a Video Game.

Can we Build a Dome wall in time to Keep out All Aliens :tongue3:
 
Last edited:
It's a bit big to be an Alien craft, unless a Comet was hijacked.
It would be hard to maneuver with jets of gas randomly shooting in all directions.
To far to see with the naked eye, not bad enough to interfere with the Parker spiral, Heliospheric current sheet, nor IMF, AI says.
Harmless is how I see it..
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250908-184610.Google~2.webp
    Screenshot_20250908-184610.Google~2.webp
    121.9 KB · Views: 36
It's a bit big to be an Alien craft,
How would you know? Perhaps these aliens are 250 feet tall? Our preconceptions about how life works on earth need not apply universally.
 
It's a bit big to be an Alien craft, unless a Comet was hijacked.
It would be hard to maneuver with jets of gas randomly shooting in all directions.
To far to see with the naked eye, not bad enough to interfere with the Parker spiral, Heliospheric current sheet, nor IMF, AI says.
Harmless is how I see it..
Also, Plasma, "Fourth state of Matter" is instrinsically linked to Nuclear fusion.
I don't understand their confusion as to why there wouldn't be a Nuclear energy reading..
 
Also, Plasma, "Fourth state of Matter" is instrinsically linked to Nuclear fusion.
No it isn’t. Lightning creates plasma all the time, as do welders. Neither are linked in to nuclear fusion.
 
How would you know? Perhaps these aliens are 250 feet tall? Our preconceptions about how life works on earth need not apply universally.
I don't know, As I said!
Harmless is how I see it..
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250908-193742.Google~2.webp
    Screenshot_20250908-193742.Google~2.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I don't know, As I said!
Harmless is how I see it..
But, if it hits an Asteroid while it's coming thru, and it's trajectory changes, so might my opinion.
And if it knocks an Asteroid this way, that's a whole different ball game!
 
Avi Loeb is known for making these kind of pronouncements and announcements, almost all of which have turned out to be wrong! I personally believe he is doing these things just to play with all our minds, for fun!
 
Doesn't make him Wrong Everytime :o Just Saying, All Scientists Break a Few Eggs :coffee2:

and depending on Who's Egg get Called Names.

Except Maybe if they receive Pity by Sitting in Wheelchair, Slobbering & Talking through a Machine :laughing7:
then They are Believed 100%
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom