3rd day at CW site. Still pulling lead out of the ground...

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been pounding this area that's about 50x50 feet in this huge soy bean field for the past 3 days now and I'm still pulling out bullets. Sadly(although I love seeing the bullets come out of the ground) I haven't found any huge pieces. Just hoping that next good signal will be a nice button or box plate or something! Oh well! Can't complain...it was another beautiful January day...got to enjoy the sunshine a nice outdoor lunch and got to pull some CW relics. Can't complain! Anyone know what the piece is in the second picture? Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 3rd Day.jpg
    3rd Day.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 470
  • 3rd Day(J Hook).jpg
    3rd Day(J Hook).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 472
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

looks like the hook from the back of an oval, lead-filled plate :laughing7:

peanut

Apr 19, 2009
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
matt092079 said:
I've been pounding this area that's about 50x50 feet in this huge soy bean field for the past 3 days now and I'm still pulling out bullets. Sadly(although I love seeing the bullets come out of the ground) I haven't found any huge pieces. Just hoping that next good signal will be a nice button or box plate or something! Oh well! Can't complain...it was another beautiful January day...got to enjoy the sunshine a nice outdoor lunch and got to pull some CW relics. Can't complain! Anyone know what the piece is in the second picture? Thanks for looking.
Civil War rifle sling hook :thumbsup:
Nice digs! :headbang:

Attachments

• sling hook.jpg
    sling hook.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 522
OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Thanks!

U

umrgolf

peanut said:
matt092079 said:
Civil War rifle sling hook :thumbsup:
Nice digs! :headbang:

yes, you got it .. us mizzuri boyz arent the brightest :laughing9:

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey either one would have been cool in my book. lol Thanks to both of you, even though peanut was right! :tongue3:

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds keep at it hope you find a complete Spencer they are hard to find!

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy I talked to has 2 jars full of complete spencer carbine bullets. He does night hunting...not of the legal kind I believe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread