What's new

4 boxes- Lots of silver

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up my 4 boxes of halves yesterday and went thru them with my wife last night. 1st box didn't have anything showing but we still ended up with a few silvers including a walker.The 2nd box was better. Saw a ben and a 40% staring up at us.Gave my wife the side of the box that had the ben.She opens that roll and it alone has 5 silvers, 3 bens and 2 walkers. ;D Between us,we finished that and the next box with the following results. 8 walkers, 9 bens, 14-40%, 2-64s,6 proofs, and a coin we never saw before, a 1982 silver George Washington Commemorative.Two of the really worn walkers were dated 1917 and 1918.We were hoping for a Barber in that box, haven't found one yet.Last box was almost as good even though nothing was showing. There were 8 more walkers, 2 bens, 1-64,7-40% and a proof. 3 more boxes coming in today. HH everyone, MM2 and wife.
 

Attachments

  • group.webp
    group.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 596
  • bens.webp
    bens.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 595
  • walkers.webp
    walkers.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 587
  • proofs.webp
    proofs.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 590
  • commemorative.webp
    commemorative.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 586
  • walker.webp
    walker.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0
Wonderful finds. Better than all my finds combined. Congrats. :-)
 
Nice score! My boxes didn't show up this week so I am drooling at the sight of your finds.

Haven't had that many walkers in one night ever! Did have 4 in one roll once. I guess the silver just keeps on making its way through the system -- in good times and bad.

Way to go!
 
Way to go! A box like that makes up for all the Skunks, don't it.

I like the 90% 1982, found one myself a couple weeks ago. I wonder if they were from the same deposit?
 

Attachments

  • TN-1970-SandGWComm-D.webp
    TN-1970-SandGWComm-D.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 491
You get some good ones up there MM!
Congrats!
 
HOLY CRAP!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Nice score! I've never had a box like that - nope - never even seen a Ben or Walker come out of a box. Only seem to score them from customer rolls and teller trays. Congrats!

Maine_Jim
 
your still in the old stock- enjoy it. I was gonna add alot of expletives to experss my jealousy but good for you.
HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom