4 brittish coppers, 3 buttons, and a very rare silver coin!

Dr Plugs

May 30, 2023
Got out today to do some swinging with a buddy. The day started off pretty good, we headed to a permission we got back in the summer. The last time we were there it was about 100 degrees and the alfalfa was high. I managed to find a brittish copper and a tombac button that day.

Today it was perfect, I found another brittish, my buddy got a cap bust large cent and a 1895 indian head penny. We decided to do some door knocking and got another permission in the same valley. The old map showed a house somewhere in the field. All we found was can slaw, it was terrible, as we were heading back to the truck, my buddy noticed a small pasture along the crick that was perfect for swinging.

So we headed down to check it out, and man I'm glad we did! My buddy pulled a cap bust half cent, then I pulled a brittish copper a few mins later, then I got a faint signal on the deus and dug, when I popped the plug I seen about 1/4 of the coin and my first thought was I just found a 1 reale, then I popped the dirt off and it took my breath. A 1804 draped bust dime! I let out a holler and we celebrated. I ended up with 2 more brittish coppers and my buddy got another. What a day!
I also dug 3 buttons.

I'm no expert on coin grading but I think she looks beautiful for being 220 years old, I going to send it off to be graded, very low mintage on this one, I believe just over 8,000.

Attachments

• 20240301_194054.jpg
    20240301_194054.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 274
  • 20240301_193821.jpg
    20240301_193821.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 231
  • 20240301_193758.jpg
    20240301_193758.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 230
Upvote 52
Congrats one the coppers and the really nice silver.
It being the 13 star the value is less than the 14 star. It's a winner 🏆 🥇

Last edited:
Got out today to do some swinging with a buddy. The day started off pretty good, we headed to a permission we got back in the summer. The last time we were there it was about 100 degrees and the alfalfa was high. I managed to find a brittish copper and a tombac button that day.

Today it was perfect, I found another brittish, my buddy got a cap bust large cent and a 1895 indian head penny. We decided to do some door knocking and got another permission in the same valley. The old map showed a house somewhere in the field. All we found was can slaw, it was terrible, as we were heading back to the truck, my buddy noticed a small pasture along the crick that was perfect for swinging.

So we headed down to check it out, and man I'm glad we did! My buddy pulled a cap bust half cent, then I pulled a brittish copper a few mins later, then I got a faint signal on the deus and dug, when I popped the plug I seen about 1/4 of the coin and my first thought was I just found a 1 reale, then I popped the dirt off and it took my breath. A 1804 draped bust dime! I let out a holler and we celebrated. I ended up with 2 more brittish coppers and my buddy got another. What a day!
I also dug 3 buttons.

I'm no expert on coin grading but I think she looks beautiful for being 220 years old, I going to send it off to be graded, very low mintage on this one, I believe just over 8,000

I also dug 3 buttons.

I'm no expert on coin grading but I think she looks beautiful for being 220 years old, I going to send it off to be graded, very low mintage on this one, I believe

I also dug 3 buttons.

I'm no expert on coin grading but I think she looks beautiful for being 220 years old, I going to send it off to be graded, very low mintage on this one, I believe just over 8,000.
That's the grind effort that you need to pull the best stuff! Well done by hanging in there to redouble your efforts! JB

I also dug 3 buttons.

Wow. Great set of coins there.! Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back