4” Pickwick from south GA

Indian.outlaw

Sep 24, 2022
0910D7D2-A49E-4437-9312-9356A57218E4.jpeg
E387D810-E931-4800-9AEB-1D28A468EBFA.jpeg
DC31C30D-E23A-448C-BDC6-3C12423C505F.jpeg

Another Flint River beauty from Albany, Georgia.

Upvote 17
The things you guys find are amazing to me ! The point in the op's post is beautiful and if I found something that nice I'd think I was dreaming, lol.

I don't believe I am in a very good spot for finding relics here in coastal SE NC - about 3 miles from the present day Atlantic. Has any of you ever found anything near me ? I did find what I believe was some pottery shard near a tidal creek while digging post holes quite a few years ago. From what I read on the states archeology site, most pre Columbian inhabitants of NC were in the Piedmont or Mountains.

The things you guys find are amazing to me ! The point in the op's post is beautiful and if I found something that nice I'd think I was dreaming, lol.

I don't believe I am in a very good spot for finding relics here in coastal SE NC - about 3 miles from the present day Atlantic. Has any of you ever found anything near me ? I did find what I believe was some pottery shard near a tidal creek while digging post holes quite a few years ago. From what I read on the states archeology site, most pre Columbian inhabitants of NC were in the Piedmont or Mountains.
See if any fields are being turned and planted in your area. You will need to get permission but I’m sure you will find something in your area. Tip though is find the property owner. Most live near the fields and in my area everyone is related that live around the fields so you could find who owns it quite easily. Good luck

The Flint River in the Albany area is full of really nice points and tools. Try and catch it low in the summer time. There’s about a 100% chance that you’ll come home with something good. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back