What's new

4 Reale COB!!!! Bucket list check off?!

surfnturf

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
1,449
Reaction score
3,343
Golden Thread
2
Location
Gray Lady
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
X/CAL,DEUS Il….
Stealth 720i hybrd extreme Knox 900 Fisher AQ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the desolate beach with possible historic innuendos!
Well, I gotta say my research and development hit! not gold, but the next best thing!!
My second best coin found in 18 years of detecting! I’ve been so jazzed today. This is just a phenomenal fine for me!! it’s out there. You just gotta get it. I hope you enjoy!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4320.webp
    IMG_4320.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_4319.webp
    IMG_4319.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4315.webp
    IMG_4315.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
Upvote 0
Went back to the desolate beach with possible historic innuendos!
Well, I gotta say my research and development hit! not gold, but the next best thing!!
My second best coin found in 18 years of detecting! I’ve been so jazzed today. This is just a phenomenal fine for me!! it’s out there. You just gotta get it. I hope you enjoy!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4297.webp
    IMG_4297.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4321.webp
    IMG_4321.webp
    906 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4305.webp
    IMG_4305.webp
    3 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4293.webp
    IMG_4293.webp
    5.1 MB · Views: 135
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    3.2 MB · Views: 127
EPIC DAY!!🏴‍☠️
 
Went back to the desolate beach with possible historic innuendos!
Well, I gotta say my research and development hit! not gold, but the next best thing!!
My second best coin found in 18 years of detecting! I’ve been so jazzed today. This is just a phenomenal fine for me!! it’s out there. You just gotta get it. I hope you enjoy!
That's fantastic congratulations on that bucket lister !!
 
...congrats! ... That's a really nice find, surfnturf! ... looking at the cross detail, that cob was either struck at the Potosi, or, the Lima Spanish colonial mint ... definitely not Mexico (as Mexico City had a different & distinctive cross design) ... would it be possible to provide straight-on (not angled) focused, clear shots of both sides ? ... can't say for certain, but the cross details, to me, seem to indicate the Lima, Peru mint. This would be an unusual find at your location, as most Treasure Coast finds are from the Mexico City mint, with some also from the Potosi, Bolivia mint ... Lima, Peru mint finds there are scarce to rare ... :icon_thumleft:
 
WoW! Congratulations!! Been detecting 49-years and I've never dug a Reale. Stooked for you! :hello2: :occasion14:
 
Went back to the desolate beach with possible historic innuendos!
Well, I gotta say my research and development hit! not gold, but the next best thing!!
My second best coin found in 18 years of detecting! I’ve been so jazzed today. This is just a phenomenal fine for me!! it’s out there. You just gotta get it. I hope you enjoy!
:weee: Holy sh*t SNT, what an EPIC find, CONGRATS!!

When you say "desolate" beach, do you mean that the beach was just empty/desolate because it's currently off season, or do you mean that it's really a desolate beach, i.e., one that people don't sunbathe or go to daily during the summer warm weather? Just checking for a theory I have.
 
...congrats! ... That's a really nice find, surfnturf! ... looking at the cross detail, that cob was either struck at the Potosi, or, the Lima Spanish colonial mint ... definitely not Mexico (as Mexico City had a different & distinctive cross design) ... would it be possible to provide straight-on (not angled) focused, clear shots of both sides ? ... can't say for certain, but the cross details, to me, seem to indicate the Lima, Peru mint. This would be an unusual find at your location, as most Treasure Coast finds are from the Mexico City mint, with some also from the Potosi, Bolivia mint ... Lima, Peru mint finds there are scarce to rare ... :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Mr. whiskers I knew someone would come up with some good info on this coin. Here are a couple pics. Let me know what you think.🍻
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4327.webp
    IMG_4327.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4326.webp
    IMG_4326.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4329.webp
    IMG_4329.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4328.webp
    IMG_4328.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
What state did you make the finds? What kind of site?
Massachusetts 30 miles out to sea on the Gray Lady🏴‍☠
On an eroding, secluded beach.
 
WoW! Congratulations!! Been detecting 49-years and I've never dug a Reale. Stooked for you! :hello2: :occasion14:

Wow, thank you Terry. I’ve been extremely fortunate. This will be my fourth and my first 4 real! They were all found at the beach. I have also found a milled 2 real.
For me, my inner child screams, you found the Pirates treasure stash🤣🏴‍☠ and I just realized I’ve been spelling Real wrong😎 oh well that’s what you get for being a little dyslexic or a lot🍻
 
Congratulations!
 
Doesn't look like the Treasure Coast to me. But those cuts sure look promising. Awesome find.
Definitely not that warm Florida sunshine state, just some nice cold north eastern island! Which at one point during the height of the whaling trade, it was considered the center of the world so I’ve been told. I always get worked up when I see a good cut, but as I have learned even a good 6 foot cut doesn’t mean there’s targets hard to believe but true then sometimes you hit a spot and it’s all concentrated pulling two coins, three coins sometimes in one scoop take a step another two targets you think you’re in heaven, but sometimes it’s torturous🤔💛🏴‍☠️ and then three days later the window shuts and you don’t find anything or very little.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom