What's new

40% sell price!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the mall today and stopped in the coin store to check his buy price, he was paying $2.50 or $50 a roll for 40% :o
and 10.4 x face for any 90%
 
Upvote 0
Unless you need the $$$ today, I would wait. Just my opinion. I think I would kick myself if I sold now and Silver goes to $25+
 
$50 for a roll of 40%?! really? I thought they were only 30-35

Wow I might just have to hold on some more though.
 
Goes4ever said:
I was in the mall today and stopped in the coin store to check his buy price, he was paying $2.50 or $50 a roll for 40% :o
and 10.4 x face for any 90%


Are you sure that is correct? Perhaps $2.50 is what he is paying per $1.00 face value?

You can buy a $1000 junk bag of 40%ers on Apmex for under $4600 right now. I cannot imagine a dealer paying more to buy something from an individual than he would pay buying retail from another dealer.

The current dealer to dealer price for a $1000 junk bag of 40%ers is about $3875.

Something is off here I would bet. If not, you could by a junk bag and turn around and resell it and make a few hundred real fast. I would bet that no coin dealer in America is currently paying 5X face for 40%ers.

Sorry but I am not buying it (no pun intended). ;D

Jim
 
I ask him that if her meant per dollar and he said "no per each 50 cent piece"
I know last month I sold 27 rolls for $35 a roll when silver was @ $11 because I am unemployed and had to pay medical bills.........glad I still have a lot left
 
Goes4ever said:
I ask him that if her meant per dollar and he said "no per each 50 cent piece"
I know last month I sold 27 rolls for $35 a roll when silver was @ $11 because I am unemployed and had to pay medical bills.........glad I still have a lot left

Goes4ever,

That is an incredible deal then. I would sell all my 40%ers now at that price if they paid that locally. I think they are paying only 3.5X face here. I would use the cash to buy lower premium silver bullion or gold.

Jim
 
or ask him if he wants to buy 1000 face and buy from apmex and make a quick 400$ :)
 
Seagates said:
or ask him if he wants to buy 1000 face and buy from apmex and make a quick 400$ :)
Don't tell him that! He might drop his prices he's paying for rolls, to deal in bulk mostly, and he'll make a better profit!
 
Tell your dealer to post a free ad here on Tnet with those prices. My guess he could buy a virtual $hitload of 40%ers. Just a thought. Maybe he has found a new, cheaper way to smelt his silver. The other possibility is he truly believes the world's economy is going down the toilet and he is hedging. Cheers, Jim
 
$2.50 sounds right to me.

Keep @ It and HH!!
 
if anyone here is in NE indiana pm me and I will tell u his location
 
Were you dealing with the owner or just a helper? I would sell it all now since he is paying 16.94 / oz in 40% form.

HH,
65GT350
 
I just sold a roll to a dumb a$$ at a pawn shop for 3.25 a peice......and he said check back in a month to see if he wanted more. I say sell anytime you get more then spot and can replace the silver and get a little for free>
 
Drop the hammer bud - SELL SELL SELL!!!!
 
I was talking to the owner not a helper
 
SILVER will hit an all-time high this year, you just wait and see, stash it, my guess is OVER $50 an ounce. At that price it makes $16.50
look sad!
 
Troy Ounce said:
SILVER will hit an all-time high this year, you just wait and see, stash it, my guess is OVER $50 an ounce. At that price it makes $16.50
look sad!


Yes silver will hopefully go up. But if you sold your 40% now at that price and were able to convert the money into lower premium silver bullion or gold (which you should be able to get rounds or bars under 16.50), that metal will go up just the same and you will have a much more desirable form of metal instead of a low percentage junk coin when it does come time to sell.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom