GMan00001
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2006
- Messages
- 2,539
- Reaction score
- 228
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Twin Cities, MN
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 250
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Happened upon a bank with $420 left in a box of halves this morning.
So I bought it. As I was paying I asked the teller about a dime in her tray (which turned out to be Canadian), she commented that she picked out all the old ones.
Interesting how she still sold me $3 in loose halves as well and 2 of them were 40% Kennedy (1966, 1967). Guess she didn't realize silver halves were made until 1970. I decided not to inform her.
The 42 rolls themselves weren't bad either.
1 - 90% Kennedy (1964-D) 8 - 40% Kennedy (1965, 1966(3), 1967, 1968-D, 1969-D(2))
Also when I cashed them in, either the counter counted wrong by on in my favor or one of the rolls had an extra coin.
So I bought it. As I was paying I asked the teller about a dime in her tray (which turned out to be Canadian), she commented that she picked out all the old ones.
Interesting how she still sold me $3 in loose halves as well and 2 of them were 40% Kennedy (1966, 1967). Guess she didn't realize silver halves were made until 1970. I decided not to inform her.

The 42 rolls themselves weren't bad either.
1 - 90% Kennedy (1964-D) 8 - 40% Kennedy (1965, 1966(3), 1967, 1968-D, 1969-D(2))
Also when I cashed them in, either the counter counted wrong by on in my favor or one of the rolls had an extra coin.
Upvote
0







