What's new

43 steel penny

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
1,891
Reaction score
1,350
Golden Thread
0
Location
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
44 and a 43 in the same hole. I think it is pretty cool but I'm easily impressed.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 1443894757727.webp
    1443894757727.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 1443894776811.webp
    1443894776811.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 141
cool. the last time I found one, it had been reduced to flaky layers of rust
 
This one is worse looking in person. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
 
Nice to see some found in the wild. Congrats! I got many rolls of them but then again my wheats are almost 10,000 strong..:tongue3:
 
Don't see many dug. Cool
 
Um... Is that 43 made of copper ??? ?? ?? ??. ?
Is the 43 magnetic ?

If not magnetic ...... you just hit a serious payday...
AND...
44 steel is worth SERIOUS bucks as well,.
 
Last edited:
44 steels are rare worth a little cha-ching, but that 44 looks to be copper
 
Type: Steel Wheat Penny
Year: 1944
Mint Mark: No mint mark
Face Value: 0.01 USD
Total Produced: 0 [?]
Silver Content: 0%
Numismatic Value: $77234 to $110334.00
Value: As a rough estimate of this coins value you can assume this coin in average condition will be valued at somewhere around $77234, while one in certified mint state (MS+) condition could bring as much as $110,334 at auction.

Type: Copper Wheat Penny
Year: 1943
Mint Mark: No mint mark
Face Value: 0.01 USD
Total Produced: 0 [?]
Silver Content: 0%
Numismatic Value: $60047 to $85782.00
Value: As a rough estimate of this coins value you can assume this coin in average condition will be valued at somewhere around $60047, while one in certified mint state (MS+) condition could bring as much as $85,782 at auction.

AND THESE VALUE ESTIMATES IMO ARE LOW.
 
44 steels are rare worth a little cha-ching, but that 44 looks to be copper

The 44 is copper but the other is steel a steel penny so I'm sure it's a 43.
 
Um... Is that 43 a bronze. ?
Is the 43 magnetic ?

If not... you just hit a serious payday...
AND... a 44 stell is worth bucks as well,.

It's steel and in really bad shape.
 
Type: Steel Wheat Penny
Year: 1944
Mint Mark: No mint mark
Face Value: 0.01 USD
Total Produced: 0 [?]
Silver Content: 0%
Numismatic Value: $77234 to $110334.00
Value: As a rough estimate of this coins value you can assume this coin in average condition will be valued at somewhere around $77234, while one in certified mint state (MS+) condition could bring as much as $110,334 at auction.

Type: Copper Wheat Penny
Year: 1943
Mint Mark: No mint mark
Face Value: 0.01 USD
Total Produced: 0 [?]
Silver Content: 0%
Numismatic Value: $60047 to $85782.00
Value: As a rough estimate of this coins value you can assume this coin in average condition will be valued at somewhere around $60047, while one in certified mint state (MS+) condition could bring as much as $85,782 at auction.

AND THESE VALUE ESTIMATES IMO ARE LOW.

I wasn't representing the 44 as steel it was in the same hole or I would have never dug the other. Sorry if it seemed otherwise.
 
No prob... Was just "wishful thinking" FOR you... heh :P
 
Nice finds, I pulled a pair of '43 steels from under a tree, they were in good shape, I lucked out.
 
Cool digs. I wonder how many we have walked over the past year where we have pulled not less than 200 wheats!!!! Don't think I could handle the disappointment in seeing a destroyed coin....:dontknow:
 
the only '43 I've found was in the same hole as another wheat cent. Only way I got it was due to the pinpointer...it was just a rusted round object. So, guess I'm just assuming it was a '43
 
surprised that survived in the ground, very cool. Although I would think the condition would greatly reduce the numismatic value, doesn't make it any less cool though:thumbsup:
 
surprised that survived in the ground, very cool. Although I would think the condition would greatly reduce the numismatic value, doesn't make it any less cool though:thumbsup:

I'm sure it isn't worth a penny. I think I could break it easily.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom